Author Topic: Alice Grove  (Read 3970 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Alice Grove
« on: February 03, 2020, 05:33:32 PM »

I came across this webcomic today, and enjoyed it a lot, so I thought I'd share. It's by Jeph Jacques, best known for the sitcom comic Questionable Content which is a regular slice-of-life strip about 20 and 30 somethings in a slightly sci-fi future US (QC has got sapient AIs in it, and at one point an emu with invisibility powers, etc, but for the most part the focus is on people living their lives and working at slightly hipster coffee shops and things). This comic, Alice Grove, is a shorter (much shorter, QC is a very long-running comic) and much more fully sci-fi story, and was dedicated to the memory of Ian Banks. It contains fun with nanotechnology, a blue guy with a tail who turns up from space, and some interesting plot twists as it goes along.

You can read the whole comic here: each long page has a link to the next, each webpage has about 50 book-pages on it, and there's only four of them: I read the whole thing in under an hour.

Example page (selected so as to be one that doesn't really involve any spoilers):

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...