Author Topic: What have you been eating?  (Read 43104 times)

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What have you been eating?
« Reply #360 on: July 21, 2020, 10:06:40 PM »
I had some pork that needed eating. 

Because of some life circumstances, I decided to try out the sauce where the cinnamon, ginger, sugar, and almond are in a pommegranite base (Santich's The Original Mediterranean Cuisine p. 57).  Make sure that the cinnamon dominates, saith Mestre Robert!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2020, 04:03:19 PM »
I recently finally went and found a Russian supermarket, which had been recommended to me by a colleague a while back, and sells a decent array of foods from former USSR countries. Unfortunately it doesn't have some of the things I'd most like, like Sulguni cheese, but it does have a comparatively very reasonably priced Georgian wine selection and some mini khinkali which turned out more edible than I'd expected (though one can't eat them in the proper way for khinkali, they're too small to hold by the twist of the dough).
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #362 on: August 01, 2020, 11:12:48 PM »
The aforementioned mini khinkali:

Also some other recent meals. A simple salad & bread dinner when I ran out of other stuff:

And tonight's meal which was roasted garden vegetables (see the kitchen gardening thread for why I suddenly had to eat the veg) and garlic with toasted nuts in a pasta, which was very nice:
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #363 on: August 09, 2020, 11:06:18 PM »
Had fried chicken in butter-lemon-pepper sauce on rice and boiled vegetables, main dish after https://littlespicejar.com/skillet-garlic-lemon-butter-chicken/