Art, Writing, and Learning: The Clerisy Quarter > History, Science, and Interesting Information - The Great Library

Cool Things on the Open Web

<< < (3/3)

dubsartur:
I don't see a comment policy on his site, although I block scripts by default so it could be hidden.  It seems like he needs some volunteer mods.

Jubal:
I don't think the issues I had were moderation-worthy. But people - especially some sorts of rather snarky nerd - can manage to be quite hostile without crossing that line. Anyway, continuing to think about this and I might offer something at some point: I've started sketching out a first few hundred words so we'll see where it gets to.

dubsartur:

--- Quote from: Jubal on May 15, 2021, 05:17:35 PM ---I don't think the issues I had were moderation-worthy. But people - especially some sorts of rather snarky nerd - can manage to be quite hostile without crossing that line. Anyway, continuing to think about this and I might offer something at some point: I've started sketching out a first few hundred words so we'll see where it gets to.

--- End quote ---
People on the Internet seem especially crabby right now.  I think its a mix of the pandemic and 'outgroup culture' from smartphone-oriented corporate social media (the culture that tells people that gentle questioning is sealioning and sealioning is wicked).  The problem is that I can't see people off the Internet because of the crown flu.

I commented a few times on his site but did not see many clicks through.

I see some very strange nationalist nonsense on https://historum.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version