Author Topic: Mysterious continents in the far past  (Read 2191 times)

BagaturKhan

• View Profile
    • Awards
Mysterious continents in the far past
« on: January 16, 2021, 05:32:45 PM »
Hello everyone. At our work in the company "Arguments" we are now exploring the ancient continents theme. This refers to those continents that probably existed, but sank due to cataclysms. The same is about the civilizations that lived on them.
(I can say that these materials give me a storm of inspiration to write my setting). We are talking about Hyperborea, Atlantis, Lemuria and Pacifis (Mu). I would love to attach my research in Russian, but I don’t know if links to Russian-language sites are allowed here or if you just need a translation - i can do it.
So the question is - what do you think about the possibility of the existence of such continents? After all, official science considers this to be almost nonsense and fantasy. But I am inclined to a different point of view, and therefore I study in detail the mythology of different nations.

Best wishes to all.
Alex
Fully finished stories about "World of Infinitas"
- Revenge of Tyrants. Darkness
- Revenge of Tyrants. Storm of Souls
- Revenge of Tyrants. Dragons Destiny
- Revenge of Tyrants. Not a lucky adventure
- Tale about doge Bertolino
- What is space
- The Fly
- Potestas War saga

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Mysterious continents in the far past
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 11:07:20 PM »
Which ones in particular do you cover? Is it all of them?

I only have a passing knowledge about Atlantis (doing research for my game) but know there are a lot of differing opinions and theories that surround it. It seems to me that mostly it boils down to something Plato once mentioned in the republic - almost in passing.
<< Signature redacted >>

BagaturKhan

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 08:49:00 AM »
I think, all of them. I fully believe in the existence of these continents, as well as of antediluvian civilizations. Of course, I am not a supporter of any crazy ideas about Nibiru and the reptilians, but I believe about the existence of developed cultures tens of thousands of years ago. Because some evidence has survived. It is a pity that official science does not do this.
- What is space
- The Fly
- Potestas War saga

Pentagathusosaurus rex

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 11:41:16 AM »
I doubt there were any entire continents that have disappeared during human existence, but obviously there have been major flooding events and atlantis-style disappearances (e.g Doggerland in Europe). Whether or not there were advanced civilisations in these regions is another question.
I guess it's rather the opposite of Atlantis but I know the Sahara used to be green and fertile, afaik the current consensus is that Egyptian style civilisations arose after the Sahara became arid but it's possible that there are undiscovered sites of earlier civilisations. The Sahara is roughly the size of the US afterall.

BagaturKhan

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 06:14:47 PM »
Correct judgment! By the way, in the same Sahara, ancient artifacts may remain, testifying to immemorial civilizations. The Sahara is far from being explored desert. And what can we say about the underwater world?
- What is space
- The Fly
- Potestas War saga

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 10:19:18 AM »
Indeedily, I think it's rather awesome that there's still so much unexplored archaeology on this earth.
Also I stumbled across some articles on the Garamantes whilst looking into this, they are hardly a forgotten prehistoric civilisation but they are very fascinating and not well known (at least not to me).
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/11/111111-sahara-libya-lost-civilization-science-satellites/
An empire that flourished in the Sahara by using natural aquifers and sophisticated irrigation systems, presumably until these water sources were depleted.

BagaturKhan

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 08:30:41 AM »
Yeah, Sahara is another unexplored part of our planet. Absolutely agree with it. I even think, that we can find there another Pyramides or something like this. Sand have a lot of secrets.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 08:45:37 AM by BagaturKhan »
- What is space
- The Fly
- Potestas War saga