Author Topic: Hi~  (Read 5965 times)

TeasupporT

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hi~
« on: February 07, 2021, 12:52:07 AM »
Hi everyone!

I've been ghostlurking here for a couple months but finally prodded myself into making an account, mostly in response to JubalBarca's excellent Coding Medieval Worlds workshop.

My main relevant project is a low-rng, setting-agnostic role-playing framework which is somewhere inside a triangle of DnD, MtG and Fate. It uses smallish d10 dice pools and a limited number of stats and skills to provide a consistent framework easily interpreted by both players and the DM, and an "Aim" system that tries to capture the feeling of actual toe-to-toe melee combat as opposed to flippy dancy hollywood skills.

It also has a fairly interesting and (I think?) unique experience and reward system which greatly encourages player-to-player interaction, crafting, and worldbuilding, giving it a sandboxy feel without creating too many headaches for the DM.

I've recently compiled my sprawling mess of notes into a new website (link in bio). The system still needs a lot of work, and this website needs more examples to show what exactly is happening and why, but I hope some of the more theoretical types here might appreciate it. If anything looks really weird or just wrong, please let me know! I'll probably start a thread for feedback and theorycrafting here if people are interested.

A bit about me:

I was introduced to Baldur's Gate as a tween back in 2001 and have been hooked on rpgs ever since (both of the computer and tabletop variety). After eight years of trying to kill my fellow party members as a player, I decided to start trying to kill them as a DM instead. Three of my original players are still playing, and they keep asking me for more games, so maybe I'm doing something right!

Outside of gaming I like cats, tea, cricket, and politics. Oh, and I teach a bit
----
Would you like some tea? Or an rpg maybe?

Art made for me by MartAnimE

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Hi~
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 06:12:18 AM »
Hi, and welcome!

I like the idea of ax - I'll have to give it a try sometime!
<< Signature redacted >>

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 06:30:58 PM »
Welcome! As someone who has recently homebrewed (with help) and DM'd  a Witcher rpg system merged with star wars dice rpg dice rolls.  i'll read into your system a bit when im next working on it! Great to have you here
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

TeasupporT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 11:58:45 PM »
I feel like I'm better at brewmastering than gamemastering but I enjoy both!  ;D

Now, who do I prod about not having the smf dice roller installed at this forum...?
----

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 12:01:04 AM »
Nominally Lizard is our tech officer, but equally I can probably do installing mods if they're properly packaged and not too hacky - maybe drop a post in Q&S: https://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=79.0
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TeasupporT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 01:07:06 AM »
Will do, thanks.

edit: post ici
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 01:17:41 AM by TeasupporT »
----