Author Topic: Hi Markus here from Phodex Games :)  (Read 4763 times)

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hi Markus here from Phodex Games :)
« on: December 15, 2020, 04:46:17 PM »
Hey  :),

my name is Markus, I'm 25 years old and I'm a fulltime indie game developer from Germany. For more than 2 years now I'm working on my heart project Raidborn. In total, I am working on video games for around 6 years now. But my experience with creating games is much longer actually as you will learn in the following. I have released two commercial and one non-commercial game so far. I also completed some smaller games, which I haven't shared with the public.

Since I was a little boy I have been designing games, not video games, but games that I played outside with my friends, or where you only needed a piece of paper and a pen. Later on, as I immersed myself deeper into the world of video games, I was always attracted to games that had a level editor or something like that, so I could satisfy my creativity. So it's not surprising that I came to game development as a teenager. I started by doing some modding for games I enjoyed but quickly started to dream of creating my very own game, which then brought me to start my journey as a game developer.

It was games like The Elder Scrolls and Gothic that enchanted me with their atmospheric fantasy worlds and also helped me through some dark times in my life. With my game Raidborn, I want to give that back and create my own interpretation of an atmospheric fantasy world, combined with elements from other games that I enjoyed, like the combat system from Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic. For me, game development is a true passion, and I am really, really (like a bit too much) crazy about it. I am also crazy about fantasy games and the fantasy genre in general.

Raidborn is a dream come true for me as an artist and creative person. I am ready to give it all to create a unique and beautiful experience for you all.

So much for my story as a game developer.

Markus

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hi Markus here from Phodex Games :)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 06:14:50 PM »
Welcome to Exilian, great to have you here! How did you find us?

Do make yourself at home, things are generally quite relaxed around here - I'm the current chair of the site, just post drop a message to me or one of the other volunteer-staff types if you have any issues :) The Indie Alley will presumably be a fairly core part of the site for you, and we still have space left on an upcoming workshop I'm running about medievalism in historical & fantasy gaming if that's of interest :)

Look forward to seeing more of your work! I'm always on the lookout for some more good fantasy worlds to explore, both for their own sake and for finding ideas for my own projects and games.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 10:47:25 AM »
Welcome Markus!

I look forward to hearing some more about Raidborn!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 11:16:22 AM by Tusky »
<< Signature redacted >>

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 10:06:03 AM »
Welcome Markus

All the best with Raidborn, Dark Messiah was a great game and a great place to take inspiration from!

Rob
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 02:27:14 AM »
Also if you want an english translation better than google, especially for regional english, give me a shout! I have lived in 'the north', 'midlands' and 'south west', only main one I'm lacking in experience is london but portugaling anybody can do london so no sweat.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 03:50:12 PM »
Welcome! Glad to have you here
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Pentagathusosaurus rex

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 05:49:00 PM »
No Marcuses allowed.

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 08:50:25 PM »
Worry not, Penty: this is a Markus, not a Marcus, so I’m sure it’ll be OK. In any case he’s almost certainly here to tell us about his game development, not to invade Wibulnubniblia.

Also: welcome, Markus!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 09:28:46 PM by Glaurung »

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 07:54:59 PM »
Ups I feel bad for not coming back here sooner. So many kind people :o. Thanks to all for welcoming me so kindly to your nice little community :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 11:54:10 AM by Phodex Games »