Author Topic: A decent Waterloo sim?  (Read 3750 times)

Spankfish

• View Profile
    • Awards
A decent Waterloo sim?
« on: May 15, 2010, 02:02:43 PM »
Hi all,

Anyone know of a decent Waterloo sim? I used to have one on the Atari ST years ago used 3D vector graphics (cutting edge at the time), and a turned based one on the PC about 10 years ago played on a hexagon map.

After something quite strategic, I don't mind about graphics but half decent would be nice.

I already have the Napoleonic mod for Rome. After something with correct army sizes.

Any suggestions, let me know.

Cheers

Spankfish

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A decent Waterloo sim?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 03:08:40 PM »
Wait... You want to play a sim game based on Napoleonic era? Never heard of something like that but if you're interested in RTS games I would suggest you Cossacks II Napoleonic Wars...

screenshots
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Spankfish

• View Profile
    • Awards
A decent Waterloo sim?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 04:06:57 PM »
Just really after a good representation of the battle of Waterloo. Not interested in empire building or resource management, just want to re-fight that battle.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A decent Waterloo sim?
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 04:10:51 PM »
Huh... A whole game based on one battle would be kind of weird... I've never heard of something like that...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A decent Waterloo sim?
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »
Well there's the BBC online version, but in that you literally just select 1 of 2 decisions at each stage of the battle. I can dig it out from my favourits if you want, but I doubt that's what you're after really. Other than that, I bet there are some good Waterloo maps for AOEIII.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A decent Waterloo sim?
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:07:57 PM »
And there must be some kind of Waterloo scenario in Cossacks...

lordryan756

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A decent Waterloo sim?
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 10:11:54 PM »
I like history + gun fights/empire building. Downloading Demo as i Type this :P

Spankfish

• View Profile
    • Awards
A decent Waterloo sim?
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 09:09:17 AM »
@silver wolf. Yep, that was the only battle sim you used to really be able to get. I remember a series of games which covered several big ones including waterloo, austerlitz, quata-bras, borodino, gettysburg etc. There was also great battles of Caesar with several of his best one in it. Ah, the days of owning a 486 pc.