Author Topic: Textures refuse to get into the game  (Read 5737 times)

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • It is easier to criticize than to correct our past
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Textures refuse to get into the game
« on: December 26, 2013, 11:06:37 PM »
I have encountered a very strange error.
I have added a few helmets and armors that do not accept their textures,even if they clearly are in the correct place.

Here's an example:

The helmet I used is from the Spak's OSP items pack:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1783

Here is my code:
Code: [Select]
["pikeman_helmet", "Pikeman's Helmet", [("2kettle_hat_new",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_head_armor,0,
440 , weight(1.85)|abundance(100)|head_armor(38)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(8) ,imodbits_plate ],

Now,this has not happened only to this model,but to a few other models on Spak's OPS (a few amours have random white spots all over them and look insanely shiny,I shall get screenshots of that soon).Also,a crossbow I copied from native and rescaled (in open brf) does not have it's texture as well. It seams that this is only happening to the models that use the Native textures,since all the other models work perfectly...
But strangely enoth,when I look at these models in Open Brf,they all look perfectly fine to me! No missing texture,no unnecessary shining,nothing! :(
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Textures refuse to get into the game
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 11:22:25 PM »
Have you tried retexturing them to use a separate renamed and copied texture? That would be at least a useful test.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 10:38:17 AM »
I was thinking of doing that too,but I don't really know how change a model's texture in Open BRF. :/
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 10:54:49 PM »
Ok,I may or may not have discovered the reason for this.
Here are some more screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now,it looks like M&B is very sensitive about non-native modules using it's original models and textures. The first screenshot is the one of the huge crossbow,the model and the texture are the same as the native crossbow_a,but it is rescaled in open brf. It looks like the crossbow cannot find it's texture,but there is no error message. The second pic is one armor from Spak Items. The armor uses the native  coat of plates model and texture,but has few pieces of new armor over it. Just like in the first pic,it looks like the game cannot find it's texture,there is no error message and no other problems. But,on the third picture,you can clearly see the native coat of plates texture,but it looks like big chunks of the native texture are bathed in sunlight,some parts more,some parts less.In the 4'th and 5'th pic,you can see that 2 of these armor pieces look perfectly fine in the inventory,but when equipped they get the shiny glitch. Same thing goes with the whole golden plate armor set (it is basically just a retexture of the native plate armour,plate boots,great helm and Gauntlets),where you can very clearly see the texture,but it's all insanely shiny.
So,could this be about M&B going mad about light effects? If so,the fix is to simply remove the shine from the items that use the native textures/models using the module system.