Author Topic: Jubal's Fantasy/Character Drawings  (Read 5482 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Fantasy/Character Drawings
« on: March 29, 2021, 06:42:36 PM »
Something I've been intending to post but keep failing to: my sketching attempts to go with my TTRPG campaign set in Kavis. I started on this late last year and have been trying to slowly improve my skills, with varying levels of success.

I know that there are some obvious problems with these, especially in the proportions: I always do legs a bit too short, hands not wide enough and sometimes lacking good proportions too, and I find limbs tricky especially when they're not flat-on to the "camera" (and who really wants to see all characters with their hands at their sides all the time?) In terms of the style, the way I do them is sketching on a rough paper, and then the colour is added digitally with a low-opacity layer and a soft paintbrush tool in GIMP. But anyway, I'd really appreciate other feedback if anyone has any and what you think overall :)

So here are a few of the characters and NPC types my players have recently encountered - this output is from the last couple of days. I've got a big stack of older stuff including quite a lot of monsters already too, I mostly use them to make play tokens for gaming on Roll20, so I may post more and some of the nonhumans at some point.

Biriir, leader of the Francolin mercenary company.

Enwain, leader of the mercenary Ox Hooves from Nistria.

Heatherling of Smew's Isle, the Reeve's advisor & wizard.

Mosser, a flamboyant Hanau pirate.

Little Ryfe, the guard captain. He's 6'10.

One of the Black Feathers, partisans of Mocra the Bearded.

One of the Francolin mercenaries.

One of the Ox Hoof mercenaries.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 06:56:43 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jubal's Fantasy/Character Drawings
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 11:33:43 PM »
A new D&D character for a short game I'm playing with the James Holloway/Monster Man crowd. Meet Meral Naima Ben Samar, gnome rogue, occasional thief, arcane trickster, etc etc.

I got the polecat far too small unfortunately, but I think the rest of this worked pretty well.

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...