Art, Writing, and Learning: The Clerisy Quarter > History, Science, and Interesting Information - The Great Library

Middle Ages in Modern Games 2021

(1/3) > >>

Jubal:
This conference is just starting - all the papers are in twitter-thread form and publicly readable, and it'll be going until Friday. Do discuss it there or here!

You can follow along at:
https://twitter.com/MidAgesModGames

dubsartur:
Twitter threads are just as bad a format for essays as Facebook posts.  Is this conference posted anywhere that each post is a single URL with cohesive paragraphs?  Then I might make time to have a look.

Jubal:
In fairness they're not meant to be essays - I think it's better to see these like a conference poster session, a small shop window of images and as little text as you can get away with to get across one or two core ideas about what you're doing. I do agree generally that Twitter is a weak academic argument format, but I have found MAMG quite a good part of it overall.

There will be a website where all the threads are compiled to some degree, I'll link that here when it appears - there are also thread readers available for cohesive-ising tweet thread.

dubsartur:
I've seen people who post one thread of 10 to 20 tweets per week.  To me, these are essays, but in twitter's awful censorable format.  The threads for this conference might be shorter.

Jubal:
They're limited to 12 (which IMV is too short to classify as an essay: you can present an argument structure I guess but not really exemplify and bookend it in that sort of space).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version