Author Topic: October 2021: Savage Skies  (Read 4432 times)

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
October 2021: Savage Skies
« on: October 04, 2021, 05:32:27 PM »
Recently had the chance to do a one shot where we ended up running an air combat for Frozen Skies, again it seemed like the air combat rules had a solid foundation and the hex grid certainly seems like the way forward. That said, it was also an opportunity to get some more feedback from my players and brainstorm ideas for possible revisions and improvements. As it turned out there were some good ideas to make movement more clearer and keeping it true to the Fast Furious Fun motto of Savage Worlds.

http://www.utherwaldpress.com/2021/10/october-2021-savage-skies.html

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: October 2021: Savage Skies
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 04:26:10 PM »
You say that all aircraft are required to move at least half their Hex Speed - is that literally everything or just normal planes? (I'm thinking here e.g. zeppelin type aircraft or big flying animals that could maybe hover without penalty).
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 06:19:12 PM »
You say that all aircraft are required to move at least half their Hex Speed - is that literally everything or just normal planes? (I'm thinking here e.g. zeppelin type aircraft or big flying animals that could maybe hover without penalty).
Just normal planes.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 09:27:57 PM »
Right, OK - that does make more sense, I was just wondering because of how it read whether you'd found some game balance reason why other air vessels needed to follow the same rule or something :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 06:06:37 PM »
Well, I was planning on covering airships in another post which should clear things up.
Given that I'm going into the RAF next year, I'm gonna try to get things so I can release a rules only version and later release the complete version with updated fluff and new artwork.