Author Topic: Valethad  (Read 3224 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Valethad
« on: July 13, 2022, 06:09:35 PM »
Valethad is a project I started on to test out the RPG In A Box engine. I'm not sure how far I'll get with it, but here's a little thread on it anyway.

The game is set in the World of Kavis (technically my third game in this setting after the Big Random Game and Adventures of Soros): it's in the lands of the Heirophancy, the vaguely Persian/Roman/Greek inspired empire that sits roughly in the middle of the setting. Narratively, I wanted to do something outside Chardil (the pseudo-Europe continent) as my interest in developing the setting has shifted to the southeast, which much like in actual early medieval Eurasia is more the centre of gravity.

I haven't got very far with Valethad so far - I'm still struggling with some pretty basic features like how to get the AI to do patrols and suchlike - but I've written some fun dialogues and the combat system is basically working, and I've got healing items and varied weapons and suchlike implemented, so that's good.

Will post more as and if more unfolds!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...