Off-topic and Chatter: The Jolly Boar Inn > General Chatter - The Boozer

August pub: Friday 26?

(1/2) > >>

Jubal:
Would Fri 26 work for people for this month's meetup?

Jubal:
I probably should not get through a whole .75l of wine during a pub evening. I'm not doing terribly or anything but I am feeling like I got gently steamrollered this morning.

Also, do people think we should try and keep a breakout room for setting the world to rights in future? I enjoy a lot of the politics and policy chat, and it's inevitable with the state of the world, but I'd like to ensure we keep enough space for gaming and fantasy and creative nonsenses too especially as any new people might very reasonably be a bit scared off if they joined to fond us going hammer and tongs on European energy security issues.

Tusky:
I don't think a breakout room is needed myself. That might be more alienating than if I were to come across people being vitriolic about something I don't have strong feelings about

Tusky:
That being said, I may have left before the European energy security issues chat you were talking about! But I did enjoy the other discussions

psyanojim:
I guess its tricky trying to fit a crowd with quite mixed interests into a forum like Jitsi that doesn't really have a natural means of splitting off and re-merging conversations in a 'flowing' pub-like way.  Especially when you have sub-groups who have very different past connections to each other.

As someone who is equally happy geeking out about game dev, history or politics I'm personally happy whichever way things flow.

Even our slightly more 'ranting' economic/political discussions took detours as varied as the collapse of the Spanish treasure fleets, Hungarian hyperinflation and the Japanese deflationary real estate collapse!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version