Game Design and Project Resources: The Workshops Quarter > Tabletop Design - The Senet House

Kickstarter for A Bestiary of Enchanted England ends Nov. 24, 2022

(1/2) > >>

Shewstone Publishing:
We were invited on Mastodon (dice.camp) to promote our Kickstarter here: A Bestiary of Enchanted England.

This is not your typical RPG bestiary. Folklore experts Timothy Ferguson, Christian Jensen Romer, and Mark Lawford have gone off the beaten path to discover lesser-known creatures of legend (alongside some favorites such as elves and trolls).

Each creature is accompanied by authentic lore and plot hooks to make it the centerpiece of a wondrous story. Designed for Magonomia the RPG of Renaissance wizardry, compatible with Fate, and the lore and plot hooks can be borrowed for any fantasy RPG.

Only $10 for the digital edition. 225% funded! Campaign ends Nov. 24

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shewstonepublishing/a-bestiary-of-enchanted-england

Tusky:
This looks really interesting! I like the plot hooks idea for the monsters.

Congrats on getting funded :)

Jubal:
Neat, I have dropped in a pledge :) I don't play Magonomia (I pretty exclusively run Savage Worlds when GMing), but I also don't generally buy RPG books for specific crunch rules, I buy them for interesting narrative content and ideas. There are a few things in here I'm not familiar with - Waelcrygre, Sctialis, Milcha - and a few where I'm really keen to see your take (it looks like you're making Cornwall's Knockers more threatening than in most versions I've seen, from the tagline?)

Shewstone Publishing:
Thanks @Tusky and @Jubal! If it's lore you're looking for, author Timothy Ferguson runs a podcast and blog where he's been posting about his research for this book. He's really gone above and beyond!

Quite late in the project I had the idea to frame each creature with a sensationalized headline like you might find in a sixteenth-century chapbook or pamphlet. So the tagline for the Knocker comes from a narrator who is ... less than perfectly reliable.  :) Don't worry, the text of each creature is presented in a sincere and straightfoward manner. It's true that knockers can play pranks on miners who fail to give offerings, so that's "wrath" the tagline is referring to.

Pentagathus:
Remind to pledge a pledge when I'm more awake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version