Announcements and Articles: The Gatehouse Quarter > The Welcome Hall - Start Here!

*peeks out from behind a wall* hi

(1/3) > >>

vicorva:
*nervous wave*

I've actually been sort of dipping in to Exilian for a while now in secret but I helped a bit with the creative competition last year and entered it this year and I thought ... maybe I should finally post and say hi?

So ... hi!

I'm V. I write fantasy novels but I also make other things as the mood strikes me.

Uhhh ... *casts about for something cool to say* if you were a kobold, what would your rebellion against your dragon overlord look like?

*whispers to self* ... nailed it.

Glaurung:
Hi there! Welcome aboard.

Tusky:
Hi and welcome!

--- Quote from: vicorva on January 30, 2023, 09:01:44 PM ---if you were a kobold, what would your rebellion against your dragon overlord look like?

--- End quote ---

I think mine would certainly involve a lot of kobolds, because without numbers on our side I can't seeing it ending well. Probably a fair few catapults too, to perhaps beseige the home of the dragon in some way. Maybe collapse an entrance?

Oh and fire. The uprising would feature lots of fire.

Nice to meet you. If you have any questions please ask :)

Jubal:
Hello :) It's lovely to see you here, make yourself at home, feel free to make the space yours, and as Tusky says do not hesistate to ask questions if we can usefully answer any!

I find it amusing that Glaurung specifically has simply skipped the "how to rebel against a dragon" question :P

I think I'd be quite bad at rebelling against a dragon, but if I had to I would mainly be spending lots of time building very small and very deep burrows that the dragon couldn't get into, I don't want to send tons of kobolds to get killed by a dragon and the main thing to leverage is being able to take things it wants (shiny artefacts are also smaller than dragons and we could start stealing them to put in our burrows) and deprive it of whatever support it gets (which we could do be hiding in the burrows). So I guess my plan would probably more resemble a general strike than a revolution, though if it was a really terrible dragon then whilst hiding in the burrows we might also leave helpful scrawled signs to direct adventurers in the dragon's direction or something.

dubsartur:
*waves in bad mental health* yay ViCorva is here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version