Art, Writing, and Learning: The Clerisy Quarter > Writing, Poems, AARs, and Stories - The Storyteller's Hall

Crowdfunding my new novel, THE BEAUTIFUL DECAY!

(1/3) > >>

vicorva:
Hello!

I've been wary of posting this because self-promotion is very uncomfortable, but with some prodding I'm finally here.

I'm crowdfunding my new novel, THE BEAUTIFUL DECAY, on Kickstarter. It became 100% funded in less than 24 hours so it will certainly be published (hurray!) but until it hits the first stretch goal, my costs won't all be covered which ... would be very, very helpful!

What do the dead have to fear? A town of necromancers faces its biggest challenge yet: strange red fungi and the paladins they attract.

A queer fantasy with a dark aesthetic and a kind heart.

Contains:
🧟 pet zombies
🐈 a very good cat
📚 secret libraries
🍄 fungal horror
💜 light queer romance
👨‍👩‍👦 found family
💀 a community of outcasts

I would really appreciate it if you took a look and shared it with anyone who might be interested!

For the video, description, and rewards, check out the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/381351683/the-beautiful-decay

Tusky:
This looks a great book.

Really well written ks page too :) I'll be having a more thorough read through!

Well done on exceeding your goal by so much already!!

vicorva:

--- Quote from: Tusky on March 28, 2023, 09:59:31 AM ---This looks a great book.

Really well written ks page too :) I'll be having a more thorough read through!

Well done on exceeding your goal by so much already!!

--- End quote ---

Thank you! I worked really hard on the page so I'm glad it comes across well. ^_^

Jubal:
Well this made the reminder-stream go into reverse and reminded me to actually back the KS, which I have now done. I haven't (embarrassing admission) read the first book either so I'm taking the chance to get both. I'm looking forward to reading them!

Thank you for posting this, too :) I very much get the fear of self promotion and have exactly the same problem, but also I like people sharing exciting things they're making and I hope this space gets the balance right of being able to go "look I did a thing!" without it becoming a Scary Advertising Job too much.

vicorva:

--- Quote from: Jubal on March 28, 2023, 09:49:27 PM ---Well this made the reminder-stream go into reverse and reminded me to actually back the KS, which I have now done. I haven't (embarrassing admission) read the first book either so I'm taking the chance to get both. I'm looking forward to reading them!

Thank you for posting this, too :) I very much get the fear of self promotion and have exactly the same problem, but also I like people sharing exciting things they're making and I hope this space gets the balance right of being able to go "look I did a thing!" without it becoming a Scary Advertising Job too much.

--- End quote ---

It's not an embarassing admission at all! Thank you so much! :D

Yeah self-promo is *miserable* but I really appreciate being encouraged to do it somewhere new. I know it needs to be done it's just every time I need to do it I seem to find myself crawling under a blanket and hiding instead ... XD I really like that Exilian is so supportive of people sharing and talking about their projects!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version