Author Topic: Villages  (Read 7104 times)

Social-Pariah

• View Profile
    • Awards
Villages
« on: February 19, 2010, 06:03:52 PM »
Any chance of some more quests for them? Or perhaps to increase the frequency of the current ones and down the frequency of fetch me cows at the same time.

It takes me far too long too find a village that wants anything, and when I do it is inevitably a "do our job" cow mission.

A few more bandit related missions for them would be so very good... kidnapped villagers being taken to slavers and you have to intercept? Unique good stolen, need to kill and retrieve? Even just "go kill our pests" would more interesting than fetch us cows.

For a game that's primary draw is it's good horse combat, it wants you to do a lot of generic crap alongside it, and generic crap devoid of variety.

As well as this recruitment is refused far too much even when you have a bit of standing, which is hard to come by due to the quests issue above. No one wants to join my army even when it advertises recruits; 90% of the time it is merely taunting me and makes me want to hit something because my army takes so long to recruit and losses to regain.

Perhaps with the increase in the number of settlements and villages the acceptance rate of volunteers and the likelihood of quests between all the villages in the mod are being spread too thin.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 06:18:23 PM by Social-Pariah »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Villages
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 01:03:32 PM »
I'll take a look.

In general, last time I tried to add quests it went horribly pear-shaped. The trouble is that there's quite a complex underlying system for adding village, lord, or guildmaster quests which is pretty hard to wrestle with. I'll see what I can do though, certainly on recruitment.

Also, have you tried the new recruitment in towns? That will almost always get you some troops.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...