Author Topic: Playtesting signups and release timetable  (Read 24737 times)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Playtesting signups and release timetable
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 05:49:43 PM »
Yeah pretty much, it means it's more likely to be an error with the game than a crash caused by hundreds of possibilities. And the more specific the details on an error the quicker it can be fixed ;)

EDIT: Somebody correct me if I'm wrong :)

EDIT2: Issues
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:39:56 PM by Rob »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 08:02:26 PM »
Rob wrote
but Jubs not present at the mo and we've got our files to get started

Where are they/ where can i download them?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 09:36:18 PM »
I'm sending them as PMs.

In other news, check your PMs.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Talonmaster

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 12:25:27 AM »
I like the idea that every one of us should playtest a different faction in campaign.
That way it doesnt get so confused.
I TAKE CHAOS DWARFS!!!!

After that we can get on to the next one so we might see duplications of bugs etc.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:32:27 AM by Talonmaster »
Adeo mori servus imperator fictus
Ave Dominus Nox

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 01:28:17 AM »
Will do - thanks

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »
Played a brief Skaven campaign. No errors as such, but it seems pretty impossibly hard right from the start. Apart from your capital - which is easy to keep due to the character you start there with - two of the three other cities are so far from your capital and have so few buildings (and no characters) that you have to recruit units to stop them rebelling, but if you do that then you immediately go bankrupt even with your capital on Very High tax rate and the Lustria one on High - so maybe put another building that gives happiness or a character with some influence into each of the other two (building likely better as a character's bodyguard has to be paid).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:14:07 PM by Dunadd »

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 09:17:58 PM »
Oh also why aren't skavenslaves and clanrats zero turn recruitment and very cheap to recruit any more? I really liked that in the beta and it fits very well with skaven being able to bring up hordes from underground suddenly.

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 12:15:08 AM »
Playing as wood elves the Empire repeatedly allied with orcs and goblins in two different games - which seems pretty wrong.

On top of that while i was able to save games fine in my first wood elf campaign, when i changed the options to Huge units and started again the save and load game buttons were greyed out and couldn't be clicked. They stayed greyed out even when i quit that campaign and restarted with large and then normal units again.

EDIT : Save works again after quitting Rome Total War and starting a new campaign with options set back to Huge Units again
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 01:21:42 AM by Dunadd »

comrade_general

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 03:05:09 AM »
What do you mean by repeatedly allied?

Tiler

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 03:00:40 PM »
Hi, I've been following the development of this mod for quite some time. Registered today since I'd like to ask to playtest. I don't have much qualifications other than I've played too much total war and I am pretty decent at writing reports when things break.

I was planning on first trying out a short campaign or two, and then spend an inordinate amount of time trying to break as much as I can, gameplay wise.

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 06:04:27 PM »

What do you mean by repeatedly allied?

I just mean in two different games, both of which i was wood elves, Altdorf allied with Orcs and Goblins in both of them.

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2013, 06:05:44 PM »
Skavenslaves and clanrats seem to have the same pay as wood elf units which are many times superior to them. Don't understand why. Thought it was better in the beta when skavenslaves and clanrats cost peanuts - they are very poor units and skaven are meant to come in huge hordes after all.

Talonmaster

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 10:14:55 PM »
Im playing Chaos Dwarfs with large units with so far only one bug that I saw in the Ogre kingdoms when I toggled the FOW off
They conquer one rebel settlement south of their capital and they leave a garrision but then,just out of town,their army has now stood immobile for like 5 turns now without goin for the next settlement
CDs have a good starting position and troops so I didnt even have to use cheats to pimp them up a bit.
Diplomacy is obviously still a prob and funnily there are more alliances and ceasefires each turn than in vanilla
The Dwarfs even offered me Trade rights ;D
Theres a Tutorial on moddin Diplo,you just have to go to descr_strat,scroll down and then you can see the relations and give them values
(600=ally -600=war or maybe the other way around.
Ive played Skaven quite a lot in custom and they should,I think,definetely be cheaper and faster in combat
In all the books Ive read Skaven are lightning fast which is one of their main advantages
Plague Monks are a bit OTT,you should just give them 2 hitpoints and berserk cos they are always described as frothing,mindless and frenzied zealots and if you want to have one unit with morale boostin chant you could still use the same model and make one smaller unit of Plague Priests which chant and do magic(green fire balls?) and one large unit of Plague monks who are tough berserkers
Stormvermin animation should be replaced with fs_2handed so they dont look like they committed suicide
Giant rats are awesome!!!!!!!!!
Adeo mori servus imperator fictus
Ave Dominus Nox

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 10:23:55 PM »
Talonmaster wrote

Diplomacy is obviously still a prob and funnily there are more alliances and ceasefires each turn than in vanilla

That would actually be an improvement if evil and good factions weren't allying with each other all the time.
The Dwarfs even offered me Trade rights ;D

Again probably down to no good Vs Evil in  the Rome Total War Engine. Maybe it'd be possible to make all the good/neutral factions permanently allied for the whole game? I don't know. You could count Araby and Middenheim as evil even though they're not really so they could still be at war with Altdorf , Brettonia and Tilea if they're AI controlled.

Ive played Skaven quite a lot in custom and they should,I think,definetely be cheaper and faster in combat
In all the books Ive read Skaven are lightning fast which is one of their main advantages

Definitely agree on both price and movement speed. Wages especially for skavenslaves should probably be zero and clanrat wages low.

wotringe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 10:43:10 PM »
I just lauched an DE campain and all seem to be working. The game doesn't crash like in the previous version  :D