Author Topic: Dark Elves in October  (Read 15761 times)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dark Elves in October
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 11:56:53 AM »
Second wave hits the shelves in November.

There are rumours about outrageous prices.
60-70AUD for 10 black guard, for example.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »
Owch. That is... owwww.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »
Yes and I tough that witch elves were insane.

Since I already got a bargain on that black dragon I was thinking about starting a dark elf army based on a dragon, bolt throwers and black guard.
And I was expecting them to be expensive, but this is just impossible.

I could buy a new army or buy a small home gym.
The choice is clear.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 04:42:31 PM by Silver Wolf »
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 04:12:18 PM »
On the new models, I think I may actually be disappointed. :P

I mean the Hydra/Kharyb-whatever-esoteric-consonant-combination-GW-pulled-out-their-collective-asses-this-time are a bit lacklustre in my opinion. The witch elves are 'okay,' although it may be just the paint that gives me that feeling. The dark riders I actually feel are a step back compared to the pewter ones, save for the horses.

That in itself is faint praise, for the old grinning demon elven steeds were a godawful travesty.

The Black Guard and Executioners were some of the best models in the range, much like the pewter Phoenix Guard were for the high elves... The Executioners were without doubt my favourite dark elf models.

And GW did to them what they did to my beloved Phoenix Guard. They look awful. And I don't think much of the new Black Guard either.

To comment on your picture Silver, that's not far off the comparison with the two 7th ed books either mate. Black Guard wiped the floor with anything the High Elves could throw at them in 7th too. And by the looks of it, that's only gotten worse.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 05:34:23 PM »
I like witch elves.
If they looked more like Mark of chaos witch elves they would have been much better.

Just for reference:

But they're still not bad at all. GW finally realized that female pelvis looks different than male.
Now they don't look like transvestites anymore.
The new pink/white colour scheme really makes them pop.

Karibdyss looks and feels fine to me. It's really not that strange. We've seen worse concepts.

The Black guard looks good but the fact that they are ridiculously overpriced mono-posed models ruins them for me.
Their helmets also look simplified. The old Black guard had gorgeous flame pattern decoration which is now gone and replaced by engraved letters which look really dull.