Author Topic: Dwarves, early 2014.  (Read 17382 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dwarves, early 2014.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 11:24:14 AM »
Yeah, the ornamentation should be more angular maybe?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 06:44:14 PM »
Yes, that's what I was thinking...

Longbeards, on the other hand, look awesome:

"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 07:12:42 PM »
I think the shoulder-pads may be a bit big, they look like they'd restrict movement too much given the Dwarfs all use axes/slashing weapons. Other than that, yes, looking very good.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 08:49:55 PM »
More pictures:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also this is what the Hammerers would look like if you used dwarf warrior face masks on them:

"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Death Nade

• Resident drawer
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Herrooooo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 04:06:59 AM »
I don't know if you've noticed, but the chainmail they wear looks incredibly detailed...

Yeah the armour all looks great. Nothing like a tank on two feet wielding a nice big hammer, at least they did that bit right :P

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »
Even more pictures:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 06:22:26 PM »
I'm coming more into agreement with SW on the Hammerers' helmets, the ornamentation looks odd.

Also I reaffirm my point that the shoulder pads are far too bulky on several of these.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 06:41:43 PM »
I'm kind of starting to like Hammerers...

That helmet decoration still bothers me, but after seeing that Photoshop manipulation with the current dwarf warrior masks I actually think that they look pretty awesome overall.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 06:53:53 PM »
Again, agreed. Just needed smaller heads on the hammers and a more dwarfy helmet decoration.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 07:16:43 PM »
But what about Ironbreakers?

It looks like the Longbeards they have taken their role.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 05:42:24 PM »
Longbeards and hammrers are designed by Martin Footit and Samir Battistotti. Some information about the sprue. There are 5 different hammers for the hammerers, and 6 different shields for longbeards. They did the helms of the hammers flat on the top to resemble an anvil. The bodies are divided in two pieces: front and rear. Then there are heads and arms. So it's easy to assemble the hammerers with the heads of the longbeards if you don't like their helms.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2014, 05:53:07 PM »
Belegar looks pretty solid, though for an inf special character lord I'd have preferred something more in terms of leadership/nearby troop boost rather than a standard duelling character. WS8 and effective S5 are worth having, though I suspect he'd be better off wasting enemy infantry in a lot of cases than trying to tackle big gribblies.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »
Don't forget ASF and a 4+ ward save, immunity to both ordinary killing blow and heroic killing blow.
If you ask me, he is perfect for mashing wight kings, grave guard, black knights, tomb guards and DE executioners and assassins. Basically any unit which depends on killing blow (executioners are a bit more capable on their own, but they still won't attack first and won't get their re-rolls).

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 06:30:21 PM »
Surely executioners will still attack first, as if both are ASF it'll go back to initiative order?

And yes, agreed, but those are from only three factions out of like fifteen - and that roughly fits with my idea, he can waste fairly elite enemy infantry, I'd be more cautious about whether he could reliably damage, say, a dragon.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 06:42:51 PM »
Surely executioners will still attack first, as if both are ASF it'll go back to initiative order?

Nope, when both units have ASF they strike at the same time, ignoring the initiative order.
Besides, they have great weapons which give them ASL.

And yes, agreed, but those are from only three factions out of like fifteen - and that roughly fits with my idea, he can waste fairly elite enemy infantry, I'd be more cautious about whether he could reliably damage, say, a dragon.

Rock, paper, scissors, as always. ;)