Author Topic: Tomb King Rumours  (Read 4559 times)

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tomb King Rumours
« on: February 27, 2011, 04:05:39 AM »
Hey guys, figured I'd start a rumour mill.  NightAngel, you're gonna love this. ;)

Here's the GW Incoming! Article about the upcoming TK release. GW Incoming! Article
An ancient race that has lain dormant for thousands of years, the Tomb Kings now awaken from within their ancient burial pyramids. Cheated from the eternal life that they were promised, the Tomb Kings are instead doomed to an eternal undeath - awakened they thirst for vengeance against those who would disturb their slumber.

At the command of these undying lords march legions of implacable Skeleton Warriors, hosts of chariots crewed by long-dead crewmen and towering statues carved from unyielding stone.

The armies of the Tomb Kings are vast, unstoppable hordes that know neither fear nor remorse - and they shall not rest until all who stand against them are laid low.

This May Warhammer: Tomb Kings is released, containing everything you need to use the legions of Nehekhara in your games of Warhammer.

Alongside the new book we'll also be releases a slew of amazing new miniatures for Tomb Kings players to collect and add to their armies. Details are being kept firmly under wraps for now, but more details will be available over the coming months. To make sure you're the first to see the new models and read the latest news keep your eyes fixed to the pages of White Dwarf, the Games Workshop newsletter and the What's New Today blog.

In the meantime, if you're a Tomb Kings player (or thinking about becoming one) it's time to start building up your Undead hordes in preparation for the new arrivals. So, out with the large drybrush (and the pot of Bleached Bone) and onwards to glory!

Here's a list of rumours from a fairly reliable source.
First Wave no new core skellies, second or third wave you will get them.
The Screaming Skull is (as I suspected) going to be turned into a huge plastic kit much the same size as the Skaven Catapult.
Expect a new core (Mummies)
Chariots remain core. (Obvious but I put it out there anyway.) This puts two good looking core.
New Tomb Guard (Obvious) Whats not obvious are the large array of options in this kit - There are bare skeleton heads in here which you can use to put on the Tomb Guard to use as core skellies or you can put some of the heads on the current skellies to spiff them up, or mix and match the two kits. Bows, Halbreds, Great weapons are options in this kit as well as HW/S
New plastic Scorpion, various builds
New plastic Bone Giant, various builds
New Metal Blister Characters/Heroes (LOTS of these)
New Plastic HQ Chariot (On of the pics on GW article shows a portion of this apparently)
Apparently there is more of a chariot theme going throughout the book, more versions of chariots in rare, special, HQ.
Some of these may be Wave 2 or 2.5
I blew off everything that I heard in this post, so questions are pointless if directed at me, sorry.
(EDIT) Forgot new cavalry models, apparently a way to make them core as well as special.

Here's hoping that this will encourage some more activity on the WH part of the site. ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:06:39 AM by phoenixguard09 »
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tomb King Rumours
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
I think I just had a

MINDGASM
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:04:58 PM by Nightangel »
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tomb King Rumours
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 11:04:31 PM »
Anything there in particular that you like NightAngel? :P
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tomb King Rumours
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
The list looks really interesting ... I'm looking forward to see these new models, although I'm not a huge fan of Tomb Kings. I don't know why but they sound interesting... Mummies especially.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tomb King Rumours
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »
Here they are :

"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tomb King Rumours
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 09:03:43 PM »
woah...
Tis but a scratch...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tomb King Rumours
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 09:47:06 PM »
Tomb guards and that huge armored scorpion thing look awesome ... I'll probably order a box of tomb guards at some point. I'd love to paint them.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tomb King Rumours
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 07:02:25 AM »
I love Warhammer... 40k I mean.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tomb King Rumours
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 03:31:36 AM »
Markorgis, first you blaspheme against the almighty Bunneh, now you deny the awesomeness that is WHFB, in favour of the abomination that shall not be named.  

How dare you sir...
(\__/)