Author Topic: Weird issues with game engines  (Read 2589 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Weird issues with game engines
« on: April 12, 2016, 01:33:59 PM »
So I decided to look at my engines (LIFE and AoS) in Win 10. Initially they didn't work, the display components were all sized wrong and in a mess it was just awful to look at. :( I then tried changing the scalings of everything from 125 to 100, no change. Then I scaled down the resolution - and they looked rather better. I then scaled up the resolution again and they still look fine and I'm really confused. Might try rebooting to see if that resets them to not-working again...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
Re: Weird issues with game engines
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 10:01:57 PM »
I guess windows 10 and tkinter don't work together fully, but a quick google was unproductive.

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 10:23:43 PM »
Definitely sounds like an issue with TKInter not receiving the correct display information from Windows 10... which wouldn't be the first time Win10 has screwed up something like that, in my personal experience :P
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 11:28:33 PM »
Yeah - haven't gotten round to seeing if rebooting makes a difference, just taken the opportunity of things being not-messed-up to do some programming :P Will update further if more updates occur!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 06:28:33 PM »
UPDATE: So basically conclusion is that this happens only on the top resolution on my screen - setting the resolution temporarily down then up again fixes the issue. Most odd.  ???

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 10:45:57 PM »
It's weird that it gets the correct information after changing the res, but not straight away. Have you tried a poke about in Stack Overflow? Someone might've already sorted it :D
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."