Author Topic: Isles Of Arthanos : Free Demo Download  (Read 12005 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Isles Of Arthanos : Now On Kickstarter With Free Demo Download
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 02:27:16 PM »
Downloading the new build now :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

PaperBagCrusher

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 02:47:46 PM »
Just a heads up it seems like the best way to run it is on medium settings and just turn up graphics settings manually instead of switching presets. At least until we get some of the bugs figured out. Also start in edit mode instead of play mode in the new build a new bug has surfaced  :balrog:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 04:54:43 PM »
I've been running things on low graphics generally so I can actually have a decent play with building things.

A few thoughts & observations:
  • In edit mode, I want to be able to move the camera faster most of the time, it can be pretty slow flying around trying to build any sort of decent sized village.
  • In playing mode, it's the reverse, I often find I need to move slightly slower so I can keep running around without running off cliffs/bridges regularly.
  • The tools aren't always very responsive for some reason, it can take me a few attempts to switch between height and flatten tools for example.
  • When building/extending foundations it's often unclear in which direction they will end up being extended, which can be extremely frustrating.
  • When extending a house from a foundation (eg when building at sea) it always seems to create a 2 by X building with one storey and one of the roof fronts missing, even if I tried to create say a 5 storey tower.
  • On some small buildings the rooves don't appear at all.
  • I'd actually put saves of islands etc in the game's own folder rather than in AppData - a lot of people don't actually know how to find the AppData folder or have it hidden, and people will presumably be likely to want to share their islands!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

PaperBagCrusher

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 06:56:09 PM »
You can actually change the flying camera speed with the mouse wheel, I might have forgot to say that in the tutorials D: It does say it on the first help screen that automatically pops up though.

I've never actually tried creating a building from a foundation before.

Some of the other things sound like something else went wrong and caused that stuff to break. In that case I would try saving the level and then re opening it. I think we might have another build up today which has a bunch of bug fixes and allows you to change out the roof pieces and triangle end pieces.

PaperBagCrusher

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 02:32:06 AM »
There's a new build on the website should be more stable. In other news, we are #1 in the Steam Greenlight Concepts section so thanks for the support. This will hopefully help more people find out about the game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 11:26:53 PM »
Just realised I hadn't gotten round to upvoting you on Greenlight - done that now!

PaperBagCrusher

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 12:43:03 AM »
We've got a pretty large update to share. There's a devlog on our youtube channel to sum it up. But basically we have like 100 new architectural building pieces that allow for a ton of building variation now. We've also started working on inventory, a food system, 1st and 3rd person character views, and setting up actions in the game which is what we will use to design quests eventually.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 10:44:37 AM »
Glorious stuff, looks lovely! :)

DeepCandle Games

• RPG author and big nerd
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 01:37:18 PM »
is the kickstarter backing standard per currency or is it based on a single currency like USD?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:49:45 PM by BearKnight »
I write many projects focused around RPGs and rules expansions!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

PaperBagCrusher

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2016, 02:25:28 PM »
is the kickstarter backing standard per currency or is it based on a single currency like USD?

I think kickstarter will just convert your currency to whatever currency the project uses. Our kickstarter actually failed though so I've updated the thread to reflect that. We are going to work on the game for another 9 months and then try again. I saw earlier you had a question about quests and yes players will be able to create their own complete RPG experience including quests. The possibility for extra free content is one of our main pitches.

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
Re: Isles Of Arthanos : Free Demo Download
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2016, 07:50:16 PM »
This looks and sounds great! I'll be sure to try out the demo soon when I get a chance.

PaperBagCrusher

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2016, 09:58:35 PM »
I'm glad you are interested! I would wait a little while though the build on our website right now is not the one from the latest video. We will be uploading that soon and I'll post here so you can know.

PaperBagCrusher

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2016, 04:20:13 PM »
The new demo build is up on our website be sure to check it out. There's also some new stuff that wasn't in the video  :gollum:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2016, 11:48:08 PM »
Good to see it going so well :)

PaperBagCrusher

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2016, 05:32:38 AM »
We are back with another devlog! It's been about 4 months since our last one so we've got plenty of new features to talk about.

DEMO LINK : https://goo.gl/egd4TL

NEW FEATURES

- Basic Combat
- Fully Featured Inventory
- Equipping Weapons and Armor
- Setting Up and Looting Containers
- Nature Visual Enhancements
- New Environmental Objects
- Building Prefabs
- Various Optimizations
- NPC Conversation Trees
- In Game AI Logic Setup