Author Topic: Brunelleschi: Age of Architects, a game of strategy and building!  (Read 6980 times)

AgeOfArchitects

• BruneGame.com
    • View Profile
    • Browser Game Page
    • Awards
Brunelleschi: Age of Architects is a web-based multiplayer strategy game set in the early 1500s, and features innovative gameplay, a player driven economy, and multiple playstyles to suit casual or committed gamers. Brunelleschi will always be free to play, and has no barriers between 'paid' content and free content. The unique 'Sovereign' and 'Minister' mechanics of the game will encourage teamwork not previously seen in this type of city-building game. Complex warfare and diplomacy mechanics will create unlimited replayability, as will the hundreds of buildings and dozens of districts.

Currently, the browser version is open-beta at www.BruneGame.com and the 3D client is in alpha (currently version 2.1.29 at http://www.indiedb.com/games/brunelleschi/downloads/bruneclient-alpha-2129/#5966614) We are also introducing Oculus Virtual Reality which is also in Alpha. There is a phone app which makes this game cross-platform. From PC to tablet to phone, you can play this browser game anywhere!
Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=427922798

Come visit us at www.Facebook.com/BruneGame  :gandalfgrey:
[/size]

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Brunelleschi: Age of Architects, a game of strategy and building!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 01:55:37 PM »
I know that trailer music well :P

Looks nice! :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

AgeOfArchitects

• BruneGame.com
    • View Profile
    • Browser Game Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 11:19:13 PM »
Haha, thanks! It's just a small team of mostly women working on this currently  ;D. If you guys are interested, here are our updates. Changelog: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yTJggXxWy4Vtvh91nDynzo0Z9-19C0rteeYVbXPlo7Y/edit
Be sure to check us out on Facebook.com/BruneGame! We are always posting new things :D   :gandalfgrey:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:57:45 PM »
Great :)

So this seems to be renaissance/fantasy - how much fantasy stuff is there in there, or is it fairly "realistic"?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

AgeOfArchitects

• BruneGame.com
    • View Profile
    • Browser Game Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 12:29:49 AM »
Great :)

So this seems to be renaissance/fantasy - how much fantasy stuff is there in there, or is it fairly "realistic"?

Brune's set in the 'Mythic Renaissance' which is a sort of low-to-medium fantasy world. There are, for example, Dragons and Vampires, but they're not particularly common. Magic tends towards rituals, though there are plenty of traditional-ish spells.

We were going for more of a historic educational game, bringing back the old Multi-User Dungeon genre back to life.
The browser client is 2D, as you build up your settlement however you want (build armies and have a military settlement, or build up trade districts for the market, etc.) and the 3D client will allow you to visually experience your entire settlement. Eventually when we have our Oculus VR up and going out of alpha, there will be UI depth and seem much more realistic. It's pretty exciting. We are hoping to have the browser game out of beta and released by the end of this year.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 10:50:00 AM »
OK, nice! Low fantasy is something I enjoy, I've got an RPG setting which is a slightly later late 17th/early 18th century low fantasy that I've worked on a lot!

Definitely going on my list of "things to look at more once the current week of academic hell is over" :)

AgeOfArchitects

• BruneGame.com
    • View Profile
    • Browser Game Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »
Awesome :) Can't wait to
OK, nice! Low fantasy is something I enjoy, I've got an RPG setting which is a slightly later late 17th/early 18th century low fantasy that I've worked on a lot!

Definitely going on my list of "things to look at more once the current week of academic hell is over" :)

For sure. Please don't hesitate to ask questions :) I am available every day. You can email me Aparker@aesopgames.com. There's a nice newblet tutorial I posted up on a blog. It's linked on the pinned post on our Facebook. Facebook.com/BruneGame

AgeOfArchitects

• BruneGame.com
    • View Profile
    • Browser Game Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 07:19:14 AM »
Got a new update on our 3D client! 0.2.1.35!
http://www.indiedb.com/games/brunelleschi/downloads
We now have a loading screen before your settlement map to customize your equipment and check your stats beforehand!
Check our screenshots here: https://www.facebook.com/BruneGame/posts/1208056202568121

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 07:25:39 PM »
I still have this on my "to play" list, but I've been moving house and have a thesis to write which is pushing everything down :(

AgeOfArchitects

• BruneGame.com
    • View Profile
    • Browser Game Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 04:59:24 AM »
No rush! We will be here for awhile. Our browser game is still open beta. We still haven't pushed our phone version, oculus rift
I still have this on my "to play" list, but I've been moving house and have a thesis to write which is pushing everything down :(
or 3D client past alpha yet so don't feel pressured :P. I will keep you updated on when we decide to release.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 11:59:08 PM »
Hopefully it'll be at a good stage for playing it to be a reward when I finish my thesis in Sept/Oct :P