Author Topic: Ptolemaic Kingdom  (Read 1959 times)

Sheridan

• View Profile
    • Awards
Ptolemaic Kingdom
« on: July 15, 2016, 09:08:56 PM »
I started up a Ptolemaic campaign recently, having seen my blitzkrieg plan with the Nabataeans put in the dust swiftly by the same faction - mainly due to logistical problems and the overwhelming enemy numbers. Quite the early game challenge! In any case, having played a dozen or more turns into the Ptolemaic campaign, I can say that it plays well. AI factions, such as the Macedonians and Carthage, were inclined towards establishing an alliance with me. This seemed like a rather natural development, having declared war on the Seleucids shortly before - the big players choosing side. The economical situation is doubtlessly more managable with the Ptolemaic Kingdom than Nabataea, in particular should one aim for military superiority. That means one will need to adopt different playstyles, which makes trying out different factions more rewarding. In terms of battles, my main impression is they are rather well balanced, and more importantly, fun. Something worth mentioning here is the beautiful new environments, which add to the atmosphere when fighting a battle. There were a few missing sprites for Ptolemaic hoplites and levy phalanx, if that hasn't been addressed already. I've taken a handful of screenshots, hopefully visualising of some of the tense action in the campaign.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)