Author Topic: Witchkin is live on Kickstarter and Greenlight!  (Read 3677 times)

Coven Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
Witchkin is live on Kickstarter and Greenlight!
« on: October 04, 2016, 08:00:01 PM »
Kickstarter

Greenlight

Witchkin is a first-person, single-player, hide-n-sneak, PC horror game where you play as a child trapped in a house filled with terrifying toys in the 1920s. You must progress up the floors of the house from the basement to the attic; on each floor, you are stalked by a different toy. Each toy has unique abilities and mechanics requiring you to change your strategy for each level. The level maps are procedural so every time you play the layout is different!

The game’s story is rooted in the legend of the Candy Lady, Clara Crane, a Texas woman who murdered her husband with poisoned caramels and was allegedly responsible for the disappearance of several children around the turn of the century. Clara lives in her house out beyond the river, but she is not alone.

Seven children have disappeared from a farming community in east Harris County; the others keep secrets. They do not speak of the candy they find on their window sills when they wake in the morning. They do not speak of the notes they find with the candy, the notes inviting them to come play at the house of the Candy Lady.

Please check it out when you have a moment!   :)

Thanks!

www.covengames.com

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Witchkin is live on Kickstarter and Greenlight!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 10:34:10 PM »
Eesh, I sleep badly enough as it is... looks very well put together, though, good work - the flavour/historical background definitely seems like it ought to work well :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Coven Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 03:31:11 AM »
Thanks, Jubal! :)

ndnninja15

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 04:18:05 AM »
That looks seriously spooky, I like it!

I'm preoccupied with my own game but I gave ya a thumbs up on the greenlight page. Would wish you luck but I don't think you'll need it. Good work!

bigosaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 12:43:34 AM »
This looks pretty good! I love the sound effects.

Do you have any idea when will it be released? I see that the Steam page says mid-2017.