Author Topic: Crowdfunding my new novel, THE BEAUTIFUL DECAY!  (Read 5719 times)

vicorva

• View Profile
    • My Website
    • Awards
Crowdfunding my new novel, THE BEAUTIFUL DECAY!
« on: March 28, 2023, 09:03:32 AM »
Hello!

I've been wary of posting this because self-promotion is very uncomfortable, but with some prodding I'm finally here.

I'm crowdfunding my new novel, THE BEAUTIFUL DECAY, on Kickstarter. It became 100% funded in less than 24 hours so it will certainly be published (hurray!) but until it hits the first stretch goal, my costs won't all be covered which ... would be very, very helpful!

What do the dead have to fear? A town of necromancers faces its biggest challenge yet: strange red fungi and the paladins they attract.

A queer fantasy with a dark aesthetic and a kind heart.

Contains:
🧟 pet zombies
🐈 a very good cat
📚 secret libraries
🍄 fungal horror
💜 light queer romance
👨‍👩‍👦 found family
💀 a community of outcasts

I would really appreciate it if you took a look and shared it with anyone who might be interested!

For the video, description, and rewards, check out the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/381351683/the-beautiful-decay
~V (They / Them)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Crowdfunding my new novel, THE BEAUTIFUL DECAY!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 09:59:31 AM »
This looks a great book.

Really well written ks page too :) I'll be having a more thorough read through!

Well done on exceeding your goal by so much already!!
<< Signature redacted >>

vicorva

• View Profile
    • My Website
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 02:54:32 PM »
This looks a great book.

Really well written ks page too :) I'll be having a more thorough read through!

Well done on exceeding your goal by so much already!!

Thank you! I worked really hard on the page so I'm glad it comes across well. ^_^
~V (They / Them)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 09:49:27 PM »
Well this made the reminder-stream go into reverse and reminded me to actually back the KS, which I have now done. I haven't (embarrassing admission) read the first book either so I'm taking the chance to get both. I'm looking forward to reading them!

Thank you for posting this, too :) I very much get the fear of self promotion and have exactly the same problem, but also I like people sharing exciting things they're making and I hope this space gets the balance right of being able to go "look I did a thing!" without it becoming a Scary Advertising Job too much.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

vicorva

• View Profile
    • My Website
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 01:14:24 PM »
Well this made the reminder-stream go into reverse and reminded me to actually back the KS, which I have now done. I haven't (embarrassing admission) read the first book either so I'm taking the chance to get both. I'm looking forward to reading them!

Thank you for posting this, too :) I very much get the fear of self promotion and have exactly the same problem, but also I like people sharing exciting things they're making and I hope this space gets the balance right of being able to go "look I did a thing!" without it becoming a Scary Advertising Job too much.

It's not an embarassing admission at all! Thank you so much! :D

Yeah self-promo is *miserable* but I really appreciate being encouraged to do it somewhere new. I know it needs to be done it's just every time I need to do it I seem to find myself crawling under a blanket and hiding instead ... XD I really like that Exilian is so supportive of people sharing and talking about their projects!
~V (They / Them)

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 11:27:15 PM »
Vi Corva is looking for people who can't afford to sign up to enter a draw for free copies at https://scholar.social/@vicorva@mastodon.art/110140809636655046 (closing 1 am 6 April)

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 02:21:58 PM »
Someone remind me to come back and back this when my brain is working again in a day or two pls

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 12:42:51 PM »
Someone remind me to come back and back this when my brain is working again in a day or two pls
I have just sent you a reminder :p
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

vicorva

• View Profile
    • My Website
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2023, 03:52:02 PM »
Just wanted to say the Kickstarter is almost ending now and has done better than I expected. :) Thanks for the encouragement!
~V (They / Them)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2023, 08:38:22 PM »
Excellent news! Good luck for the final days.

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2023, 03:37:32 AM »
Yay V

vicorva

• View Profile
    • My Website
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2023, 11:08:10 AM »
^_^
~V (They / Them)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2024, 04:11:59 PM »
A note that TBD is up for various things at the Queer Indie Awards, and you can vote for it here:
https://qiawards.wordpress.com/voting-22/

It looks like they didn't write the rules well for expecting the number of nominees this year and the voting will be a chaotic popularity contest, but given that's how it's being done I just skipped through and found Veo's name in various categories and voted accordingly.