Author Topic: RPG ideas  (Read 8578 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« on: July 25, 2010, 02:58:06 PM »
Two ideas for RPGs to be written in Javascript/PHP/MySQL...

1. Adventurers of Ithrala
Set in the world of Raiders and Traders - literally. The players will go between the cities of R&T players, with different opportunities and problems to solve in each city based on what the city's owners are doing. Explore muddy villages and large cities, military repression and liberal low-tax governments, all created by real people! Quite a bit of hack-and-slash involved in a classic RPG style, but very much text-based button-pressing in style.

2. Esther's House
Teddybears versus toy soldiers, fighing over a deserted mansion. An idiosyncratic and very satirical dystopia of an RPG, this would certainly be wierd but definitely fun. Therw ouldn't be too many players, because players could only join as fast as the current players could gather materials (tin cans, kapok, fabric, needles, and so on) to create new bodies for their bear/soldier compatriots, this being the main aim of the game. It would work well as I could slowly expand the house room by room, allowing new locations to be added quite simply. A big focus on team play in this, some players would be the classic hack-and-slash archetypes of healers, fighters or tanks but others would need to be crafters and foragers through the different rules.

Any thoughts on either of these?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 03:51:27 PM »
Sounds very interesting ... I've wanted to make an RPG game myself, but I don't have almost any skill in coding...

Adventurers of Ithrala reminds me of H&H... But without the crafting part (which would be replaced by trading)
I like the second idea better ... It would look great in 3d (pick me, pick me ! xD)

My RPG would be set in dark fantasy worlds, influenced by many games which I've played before... Oblivion, Gothic, Warhammer and so on ... You could expect a dark world in which only the strongest and most resourceful individuals have a chance for survival ... But unlike other games, it would be party oriented, and the player would be be accompanied by NPC mercenaries...

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 04:01:15 PM by Silver Wolf »
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:34:58 AM »
My RPG is a one where your character is a Nazi/Underground  person and you do all sorts of missions. You can go to the German front and do missions there. You can also blow up bridges to stop the Germans from advancing faster. The more missions you do and with the right outcome of those missions and do not “accidently” kill innocent civilians. If you get promoted by doing what you were supposed to do. E.g. if your on the German front and you get wounded you’ll be demoted if you run away to try and find a medic and promoted if you continue. Or my RPG will shoot Rocket Propelled Grenades. LOL.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

comrade_general

RPG ideas
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 11:52:01 AM »
[quote author="Mark

Hopit

• Necromancer student
  • RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »
THIS IS RPG!!!
:D

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 05:54:47 AM »
They both sound like really rather fun and interesting games. I especially like the sound of the first one, with a larger world with a number of cities it would be fantastic. (hooray for necroposting)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 01:37:56 PM »
Yeah... well, maybe one day I'll have a bit more time. :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 07:56:13 PM »
I've been thinking about taking a shot at making the first one sometime this year. How interested would anyone be?

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »
Do you need some help?
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Goldyrulz

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • WARNING *May Contain Sarcasm*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 11:59:01 AM »
by interested do you mean helping with making the game or still the concept of it?

(\__/)
(='.'=)   This is Bunneh. Copy and paste bunneh into your
(")_(")  signature to help him gain world domination

The Original Bunneh

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 12:10:01 PM »
I'm still trying to work out what I need; I may be wanting some artwork, and any other skills people have feel free to offer them... I think there's a few more features I should add to Raiders & Traders first, then I'll see about linking it in.

Ideas would also be helpful; the core theme is that you'll be going around the R&T cities and what happens in one game will affect the other. However, that still leaves a lot of questions unanswered such as what the players will actually be doing most of their time. What do you most want to see, a more combat-focused game or going more into crafting etc? What interactions between the games can you think of?

Goldyrulz

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • WARNING *May Contain Sarcasm*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 05:15:13 PM »
In terms of interactions, you'll have the obvious things such as trading items or resources.
Also, I think that, being me, it should be a little more towards the combat side :)

(\__/)
(='.'=)   This is Bunneh. Copy and paste bunneh into your
(")_(")  signature to help him gain world domination

The Original Bunneh

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 07:26:50 PM »
Given the fact we won't be running a full graphics engine, how do people envision combat working?

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 07:13:12 PM »
Maybe use a system like the battling system in pokemon games?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG ideas
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 07:20:49 PM »
How does that work?