Author Topic: Swap 2012 x2  (Read 13926 times)

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Swap 2012 x2
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 11:54:36 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm in

comrade_general

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 02:41:50 AM »
Military:
Our leader Timoleon led forces out from Thebes and Marathon to besiege Athens while the bulk of their forces were tied up on the other side of Corinth, while Tymnes took a smaller detachment North and attacked the Macedonians. It was a foolish move, however, as he was narrowly defeated in battle. Tymnes then regrouped with more units and was joined by Priam to hold in support position for the city of Trachis.
Curses! On the next turn the fiendish Athenians and their blasted navy slipped in with reinforcements from Eretria. But, noting that their army consisted mostly of a mass of light hoplites, though outnumbering us two to one, Timoleon meet them in battle nonetheless. Let the men of Thebes stand on the defensive this time!
Victory! The Athenians crumble, and to top it all off we killed Themistocles and took the city for ourselves! We laugh at the fact that we can now train the Athenian citizens to serve our ambitions. ;D
A small army of Macedonians attack the support army next to Trachis. They are easily dispensed, but the larger Macedonian army move onto the field. Priam attempts to restrain Tymnes from doubling his foolishness, but poor Tymnes is cut down by the the Macedonian slime! Priam orders the rest of the Thebans off the field.
The Athenian army trapped on the Peloponnese besieges Corinth, while Sparta and Arcadia watch like carrion birds.
Next turn the Macedonians move on their position at Trachis, but they greatly underestimated Xiphilinus! Outnumbered nearly 8 to 1, he gloriously holds the city! Macedonian armies still surround the area, but think twice about making further aggressions. They attempt another siege the next winter, but Priam returns with stronger reinforcements, this time taking the fight to the Macedonians!
The Corinthians, weak and starving, push themselves outside their walls for a last ditch effort against the Athenians. Wildly throwing themselves at the Athenians, and losing their General, all looked lost until on the horizon came Timoleon! He had not forgotten our Corinthian allies. The Athenians were removed and Corinth lives free still!
Sparta then makes a turn on Corinth, forcing out an entire army of pathetic helots to besiege them. The massive army proves somewhat effective against the ailing Corinthians, but Timoleon appears yet again on the horizon and makes quick work of the helot scum. Once more Corinth remains free thanks to Theban blood. The Spartans ask for a ceasefire the next turn.
Another wave of Theban offensive takes place as Priam besieges Larissa. Timoleon sends half his force back to join up with Siromos, who is moving against Plataea - the Plataeans have made no aggressive move in years, but they still fly the Athenian flag. >:(
The Macedonians respond quickly to Priam, but are dispatched fairly easily. It is learned that King Alexander is residing in Larissa. He escapes both the first and second battles, but is not so lucky in the third famous battle. Surprisingly this spells final doom for the Macedonians as their kingdom is now divided amongst itself!
Arcadia takes a go at Corinth and besieges the city. The Corinthians aren't impressed, especially with Timoleon better placing himself for support, and sally out to attack the Arcadians. For the third time Timoleon crests the hills towards Corinth at the sound of the war horns, and just as he does the entire Arcadian army sounds a call of retreat and hilariously hightail it back to Sikyon. :)
The Spartans eye Corinth again, this time bringing their best warriors. Timoleon moves to intercept...
Plataea is taken! And then, in a beautiful act of brotherhood, Philotectes of Corinth arrives at Larissa to help Priam the Conqueror dispense with the remaining Macedonian rebels there. :)
For the fourth time Timoleon crests the hill at Corinth, this time causing a smaller, but more elite Spartan army (including their famed hoplites) to flee the field before a fight. They ask for another ceasefire.
Philotectes returns home to Corinth after spending his time at Ambracia fighting off the Macedonians, then helping us at Larissa. A good man.

Diplomacy:
Athens and Macedonia join in an alliance. Macedonia then proceeds to disrupt Corinthian interests in Ambracia.
Sparta asks for ceasefire after their helot army is obliterated. I agree with the addition of trade rights and a small bit of tribute from them. :P
Eleia declared war against Sparta the same year they agreed upon a truce with Persia.
Sparta and Arcadia declare war, Sparta and Athens stop speaking to each other.
Another ceasefire with Sparta is given, with trade rights and more tribute.

At end turn:
These are good times for Thebes!

A bit excessive summary of events on my part, but it was fun. :)

Next turn ends at Summer 460 BC
I will email the save file to Jubal.

Welcome in, storm!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:13:11 AM by comrade_general »

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 02:51:44 AM »
Good, you carried on as I planned to :P . Well done on crushing Macedon too :) .

Sparta and Arcadia declare war, Sparta and Athens stop speaking to each other.

I lol'd.

Also, you sure its not 460BC? ;)

comrade_general

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 03:14:34 AM »
Also, you sure its not 460BC? ;)

I guess I'm not sure. :P But hey, it did take me over 2 hours to do those 20 turns.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 09:25:37 PM »
Just got to turn 18 of my go and then it crashed, complaining about dahae peasants or something.  :(

I really can't be bothered to re-play the dratted thing, so I guess the next person will have to redo my stuff. Here's my events log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So annoyed rn, sorry about it.

EDIT: Actually I will do the turns, but I'll re-do them far more quickly (aka hello to automanage and autoresolve).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:38:36 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 11:04:09 PM »
Those Corinthian bastards!

Terribly sorry about the game crash though, guess we need to remember to save it every so often when we're not using auto-save. ;)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 11:40:17 PM »
Okay, the "real" log:

T1: Timoleon attacks Thespiae, Priam Delphi. Tereus attacks Priam, and defeats him, though with more losses on the Thespian side and Tereus himself slain.
T2: Thespiae itself assaulted. Acaeus slain, and the settlement falls, with the populace destroyed to avoid rebellion. Posidonios of Thespiae counter-attacks, but is defeated along with the main Thespian field army.
T3: Priam & Timoleon besiege Delphi.
T4: Thrasidaios besieges Eretria. Timoleon dies.
T5: Sieges continue.
T6: Assault on Eretria: many losses but an eventual victory. Former Athenian league destroyed.
T7: Thrasidaios moves by sea to Lesbos. Attacks their leader Aethon, who dies in battle. Despite the light hoplites of Thrasidaios’ army running from the tough Lesbian troops, the Thebans narrowly defeat the Lesbian forces. Mytilene captured. Telemachus joins the family.
T8: Siege of Delphi continues. Captain Polybius attacks the northern besieging force commanded by Priam. Polybius’ force of light javelinmen is quickly routed, but the sallying defenders try to take the opportunity to destroy Priam’s force. Priam is caught and slain, and his troops flee.
T9: Ceasfire w/ Arcadia. Delphi’s garrison sallies, with some outside aid, but is cut down. Kreon and Polybius, important Thespian leaders, both die. Charax joins the family.
T10: Calydon besieged by Charax. Charax is attacked in a final attempt to save the Thespian state. Two Thespian leaders attack him, and though their bodyguards fight bravely both are slain. Thespiae defeated!
T11: Charax continues besieging newly independent Calydon. Zethus musters a large army.
T12: Zethus heads for Crete, hoping to build a base there from which to take Rhodes and threaten Ionia further.
T13: Zethus lands: Knossos falls swiftly, Kydonia then besieged.
T14: Kydonia captured and massacred.
T15: Zethus besieges Persian Rhodes. Calydon captured.
T16: Charax moves to Larissa. Rhodes captured.
T17: Zethus leaves Rhodes towards Cyprus but runs into pirates. Navy defeat them.
T18: Charax moves in case the Persians (now besieging Thebes) try to move south. Zethus reaches the shores of Cyprus
T19: Zethus lands and besieges Soli. New army formed to go and invade Ionia or Thrace.
T20: Dares lands with an army just south of Abydos. Soli falls, Salamis besieged. Charax moves to attack Persians near Pydna (now captured by Persia). The Persian captain, Bababigna, fails to hold his battle line together. His spearmen flee and are cut down; Pydna is besieged.

NA, can you PM me your email address so I can send you the save?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:44:47 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »
Ok.

I might take a few days, my temporary internet can't handle the download and I've got a little bit of studying to do but I'll be home tomorrow.
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

comrade_general

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 10:59:14 PM »

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 02:06:47 PM »
Okay, the "real" log:
Despite the light hoplites of Thrasidaios’ army running from the tough Lesbian troops, the Thebans narrowly defeat the Lesbian forces.

Is that actually how you spell it?
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 07:15:31 PM »
Ok time to look like a total newb.

I've downloaded to mod but I can't seem to install it.

comrade_general

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 07:19:50 PM »
edit: nvm, just read your other post.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:23:08 PM by comrade_general »

comrade_general

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 12:21:49 AM »
Having any luck NA? Please don't hesitate to scream at me if you need help. :)

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 07:12:20 PM »
Ok CG I'm not very clever so baby steps here.

I open the file manager go the file, select it and click "extract" and in the little widow that opened I typed the location in as "desktop" but it said that there was one error in the transfer and there's nothing new on my desktop.

What, do?

comrade_general

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 09:14:12 PM »
Ok how about we just install the trial version of win-rar, then you can just right click on the download file and click 'extract here'.