Author Topic: Discussion: The Map  (Read 30272 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Discussion: The Map
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2014, 05:39:32 PM »
I think that could be our first mod foldered campaign for the grand campaign :)
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2014, 11:32:58 PM »
 Cool! :)
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2014, 03:34:31 AM »
Been in talks with Gigantus from TWC about our map. He said he would make the base map, and be available for advice. He also listed certain tutorials that would help us make the map. Here is the outline of the map, it's a little big. He said to mark it so he could cut it accordingly.

This is what the area looks like at the moment, the picture size is way too big, but else I won't the details for the rivers. Resizing would be done at a later stage. This pic would be used for faction maps and the radar map - edited as required.

The problem with this projection will be the vast areas in the South West and North East which will be wasted play wise.
Simply mark the edges you would like to see and I'll see if I get some time next week to do some basic maps.

How can I mark this map?
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

comrade_general

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2014, 12:49:39 PM »
I would rotate the map so as to eliminate those areas yet keep all the other 'important' areas. Who says you have to always be looking due north?

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2014, 03:18:23 PM »
Been in talks with Gigantus from TWC about our map. He said he would make the base map, and be available for advice. He also listed certain tutorials that would help us make the map. Here is the outline of the map, it's a little big. He said to mark it so he could cut.

How can I mark this map?

Use photoshop and mark the limits with a red line? I can do that when I get home later if you want.

I would rotate the map so as to eliminate those areas yet keep all the other 'important' areas. Who says you have to always be looking due north?

I agree wholeheartdly.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2014, 05:26:33 PM »
I marked it in paint, no worries.
Thanks cg, I never really thought of that. It looks 'realistic' now!
I sent it to Gigantus, just asked him to include the rest of the Aral sea area.

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »
I marked it in paint, no worries.
Thanks cg, I never really thought of that. It looks 'realistic' now!
I sent it to Gigantus, just asked him to include the rest of the Aral sea area.

Maybe you can show us the "final" map...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2014, 05:56:26 PM »
Here it is

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2014, 07:01:41 PM »
I would personally cut the western part of Ireland. Also think that the map it's a bit to much stretched to east and north. Remember, smaller the map, more detailed it is...
Just my two cents.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2014, 07:31:54 PM »
It would be the same as Mundus Magnus really, plus one region will be terra_incognita so we won't have to worry about huge regions.

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2014, 07:40:20 PM »
It would be the same as Mundus Magnus really, plus one region will be terra_incognita so we won't have to worry about huge regions.
You decide.

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2014, 07:47:11 PM »
This should be a fun project, though I must admit, the current map has grown on me, but it should be fun to see what you come up with here :)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2014, 08:26:54 PM »
I also like the current map's geography. I'm sure we could implement it to the new map

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2014, 11:35:05 PM »
You guys know I have no idea about the technical side... is the overall size of the map also restricted and does the current Beta map already use that? Because if that's the case a too large map would make Sicily or Greece extremely crowded. But after all, we want to have a detail on the Mediterrenean, so we need to be aware of the restrictions (if they are there, but I guess they are).
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2014, 11:35:37 PM »

This would be my limits. Maybe even moving the upper line a bit more south and the left one a bit more west...

You guys know I have no idea about the technical side... is the overall size of the map also restricted and does the current Beta map already use that? Because if that's the case a too large map would make Sicily or Greece extremely crowded. But after all, we want to have a detail on the Mediterrenean, so we need to be aware of the restrictions (if they are there, but I guess they are).
My opinion exactly.