Author Topic: 1.0 old release & Download links  (Read 35521 times)

comrade_general

Re: Current release & Download links
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 08:20:09 PM »
Hoo-rah. :)

Karchedon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 10:22:36 PM »
hope it will be less ctd :D anyway incredible mod :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2013, 10:24:33 PM »
I've run the campaigns for quite a long time without issues now, I think the new version shouldn't CTD any more than regular Rome: Total War. :)

Tip for the new version; having the magic universities (Araby, Empire) or the Tower of Hoeth (High Elves) in a town with your leaders gives the possibility of them getting some rather neat spellbooks...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2013, 11:35:53 PM »
Took another look at the UI then gave up on it again.  :P

On a brighter note, Chaos and Beastman leaders can now get the marks of the Chaos Gods by being in towns with their respective temples (Dark Elf heroes in anywhere with a slaaneshi temple can also get that mark, and Skaven leaders around Clan Pestilens temples can get marked by Nurgle). The Undivided temple gives no mark, but it can (with an even lower chance) make a Chaos leader the Everchosen, which gives huge stat boosts.

I'm planning a few more faction-specific trait/ancillary ideas too.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013, 02:07:39 PM »
Actually made a start on unit cards, the Dwarfs have all of theirs now at least.  :)

EDIT: And Ogres, too.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:38:36 PM by Jubal »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2013, 11:23:09 AM »
Chaos Dwarfs and Lizardmen now card-ed up.  :)

comrade_general

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2013, 11:20:36 PM »
Nice!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2013, 11:35:32 PM »
And Skaven and Dragon Islanders (woot, efficiency!)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2013, 11:51:37 PM »
And Tomb Kings.

comrade_general

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2013, 12:33:24 AM »
How abouts are you making said cards?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2013, 09:41:17 AM »
Just taking ingame screenshots and cutting the troops out with GIMP.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2013, 12:50:07 AM »
Just got Empire Alt, Empire Midd, Araby, Luccini, High Elves, and Chaos to go. Unfortunately I think I'll have to replace all the old Empire/Highelf/Chaos cards as I don't have the original base cards and they've been done with cleverly cut alpha channels. Shouldn't take too long though as I can still cut/paste the model from card to card instead of doing new screenies.

Well, and then all the mercs and all the boats, which will take time. Definite progress though.

wotringe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2013, 04:07:28 PM »
Thank you for this wonderfull mod  :o, I'm a huge fan of warhammer and I'm quite hurry to see the new release  ;D.

A few comments:
-Some bug (games close when loading some campagne)
-Some army are more developped than others...I'm quite sad that Dark-elves don't have crossbow and that make HE are very powerfull: full wagon and ellyrien...the DE can't do anything. (Same for chaos against kislev: archers on horses are quite overpowered I think. U should maybe add throwing wearpon to marauders)
-You should place the Lotherm-harbor closer to the city
-Why can the DE and HE declare peace? there is a lot of non-fluff alliance happening all the time (but I think it's not easy to change)
-DE and HE are very far of everything...they are quite boring to play due to very-large map. Maybe add an chaos faction on north of naggaroth could be gread.

(Sorry for my English, I'm from Belgium :p)

Karchedon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2013, 05:53:59 PM »
any progress?:D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2013, 02:31:37 PM »
Karchedon: nearly there on the interface work - just a very small number of unit cards left to do!

Hi wotringe, and welcome to the site!

As for your feedback:
-Some bug (games close when loading some campagne)
Most bugs will be fixed in the new version.
-Some army are more developped than others...I'm quite sad that Dark-elves don't have crossbow and that make HE are very powerfull: full wagon and ellyrien...the DE can't do anything. (Same for chaos against kislev: archers on horses are quite overpowered I think. U should maybe add throwing wearpon to marauders)
Chaos will get some bonuses to compensate in the new version, especially heroes getting marks of the Chaos gods, as well as cheaper unit upkeep so they will have more to throw at the Kislevites.
-You should place the Lotherm-harbor closer to the city
I'll look into that, good call.  :)
-Why can the DE and HE declare peace? there is a lot of non-fluff alliance happening all the time (but I think it's not easy to change)
This is very difficult to change. The Darkelves and Highelves will usually go to war once they are neighbours very quickly, but will remain at peace until then.
-DE and HE are very far of everything...they are quite boring to play due to very-large map. Maybe add an chaos faction on north of naggaroth could be gread.
I'll take a look; the more powerful beastmen in the new version should help matters there.