Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 3305 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« on: January 10, 2011, 07:08:51 PM »
Hear ye, report thy bugs herein and let them be known unto the devs. And the devs will fix them, for the devs they are gracious devs.

Known Bugs:
Skaven have no weapons
Boars "float"
Carpet pilots have legs sticking through carpets
Tilean Marine shields are black squares with an orange shield on it
Silver Helm shields are at a wierd angle
Anlec is spelt Anelc.

Fixed Bugs:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:06:55 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 04:01:48 AM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
Hear ye, report thy bugs herein and let them be known unto the devs. And the devs will fix them, for the devs they are gracious devs.

Known Bugs:

Fixed Bugs:
But only if the devs get a 3d modeller, right?  ;)

Lets see:

Skaven have no weapons
Boars "float"
Carpet pilots have legs sticking through carpets
Tilean Marine shields are black squares with an orange shield on it
Silver Helm shields are at a wierd angle

Campaign:
Anlec is spelt Anelc.  Minor I know.  

These have probably already been brought to your attention but this way they're in one spot for you.  

I'll keep an eye out for more.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Mentheus

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 02:35:17 PM »
I have to say, I have been really blown away by the quality of this mod. I was not expecting a lot, but the work you guys have done on this is nothing short of amazing.

I played a High Elf campaign and struggled mightily to get anything off the ground, but I can see that with a little more polish it will be a fantastic playing experience.

Some of my favorite features so far:

* Rebel orcs. I love that there are going to be patches of orkdom springing up all over the place if you don't watch your territory. Very appropriate.
* Faction banners.
* The amazing campaign map.

Bug Report:
I expect a lot of what I'm going to mention are things you've already fixed in your internal builds, but just in case not...

* Started a Brettonian campaign, opened Faction Summary, clicked Senate, crashed to desktop. :D
* Started a High Elf campaign, did horribly (no money, no population, hey maybe buildings farms would be a good idea, started another one.
* Noticed characters pick up traits and followers at a staggering pace. One example, 21 traits, a little over 20 turns into the campaign.
* My Tiranoc chariots can hide in trees
* No nations have expanded beyond their starting point, most of the map is Rebel settlements. I assume that's what's referred to when talking about scripting needed.
* Ports create Djinn, not ships. Thankfully they act like ships.

Cheers,
Mentheus of Chrace

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »
Hail Mentheus, welcome to Exilian!  :)

We hope to add a few more rebels at some point, including beastmen and goblins, but the generic brigands will always be a green tide.

As for the rest:
The djinn thing is just that I never got round to writing a description for the ships, so I gave them another unit's more or less at random.
The senate thing won't work, ever, and will always CTD. We've essentially removed the senate feature entirely, so the tab leads nowhere.
The chariots are an easy fix to do, I can do that soon.
Most nations DO expand eventually, but most also have weak starting positions so it does take time. In particular most nations start very underdeveloped, we need to give them more stating structures.

The traits/followers thing I really don't know the reason for, can't think why that would be.

Anyway, welcome to the site and thankyou for the feedback - keep letting us know how it goes! Any screenshots of how the different factions are doing are also useful.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Bighairmanthing

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 12:46:25 AM »
Spent all day on high elves, got pretty far in Naggaroth, took around half of the Dark Elf settlements. Unfortunatly thats when the game screwed at me and told me that my faction had been completely wiped out and the only thing I could do is go to the start menu! :( is this a bug that could be rectified, as it did it again when I loaded the game up from the last save point.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 02:46:19 PM »
Can you give me a screenie of that?