Author Topic: 1.0 old release & Download links  (Read 35256 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Current release & Download links
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2013, 05:10:51 PM »
ALL UNIT CARDS DONE.

That was time consuming.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

slayergr

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2013, 05:33:34 PM »
Drink up boys the time comes near !hahaha What I want to say about the campaign is that most of the races start with very small cities and allmost no armies (and in hte first 2-3 turns you get some nasty riots).I believe that the cities should have more population and buildings at the start of the campaign and also some troops in each one !

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2013, 12:38:10 PM »
Yeah, that's definitely been implemented - the building level is still fairly low at the start so you get a chance to actually build up etc, but everywhere now has garrisons.

Trying to make sure all factions have at least one new unit for the release. Most have already had additions; just added a (slightly naff looking but ah well) plague demon unit for Nurgle.

Still needing a new unit to achieve this then are Dragon Islanders, Ogres, Dwarfs, Empire, and Luccini. Luccini are probably getting a new light cannon, Empire a *project under wraps*, Dwarfs an Organ Gun and maybe Flame Cannon. Ogres and Dragon Islanders I'm less sure at the moment.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2013, 01:11:10 PM »
For Dragon Islanders is a Dragon Ogre lore appropriate? Or failing that, some kind of barbarian lizardmen unit?

And for OK, are leadbelchers possible using a fast moving scorpion? Or a take on gnoblar scrap wagons as small chariot units with a powerful ranged attack?

EDIT: Or a pack of Ogre Hunters with Sabrecats same as using wardogs in RTW but a hella lot deadlier. For OK ofc :)

maybe for DIs a unit of Lombard Berserkers with a different name? Or Amazons? Do they get those there?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:23:53 PM by luckynumber13 »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

slayergr

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2013, 02:07:02 PM »
As for the Dwarfs I was thinking that adding quarrels(crossbowmen) would add a lot to their lore because their lore says that there are a lot of Dwarfs who despise the new ways(gunpowder weapons) and stay true to the old ones.Also it would be nice to be differeny building for the quarrels and the thunderers ,the first one giving bonuses to the old ways and the second one to the new for example old ways building gives + 1 exp to units+2 to Longbeards because there are veterans  whereas the new ways building gives discount to gunpowder units and +1 to weapons .

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2013, 02:14:42 PM »
The trouble with pretty much all of those ideas is not their suitability but our perennial friend, lack of a modeller. Crossbow units have suffered particularly from this, I know, and I'd like nothing more than to add Quarrellers and Dark Elf Crossbowmen, but I simply don't have the ability to do so. (For the uninitiated, a model in Rome Total War is made up of the "skin", basically a paint job, and the "model" underneath it. I can edit skins and we can do some pretty clever stuff with them, but I don't have model editing capabilities so the few bits of work we're getting done on that front we're relying on other mods' modellers generously giving up extra time. I've chosen the things they're working on pretty carefully, and if all goes to plan I think you'll agree I chose well. :P )

So basically I'm finding things to do where I can re-use an existing model in a different/interesting way. I haven't got anything suitable for making leadbelchers or scrap wagons; gnoblar trappers are a possibility, I think. I had a go at Yheetees a while back but they looked pretty rubbish, gorgers are the other possibility but again I think they'd be hard to make look good.

Dragon Islanders... if I could do good dragon Ogres the beastmen would have them already. I'm thinking I might actually give them a medium human infantry unit.

Their current roster being:
Spearmen
Archers
Ballista
Farala Guards
Savages
Golems
Zoats

Part of the theme of the faction is a mix of semi-civilised and magical units (they're like Araby in a way, as being a human faction but with a strong elemental magic and monsters element), so I think maybe a sort of merchant guard inf unit or something could work. The other idea I had was an air elemental but that could be hell to make work well.

slayergr

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2013, 05:15:57 PM »
Still I think that the old ways/new ways choice would be a nice idea even without the quarrels.It would make dwarf player to think whether they want an ironwall of infantry or sacrifice some of that for more gunpowder.
As for the Dragon Islanders I think that they need more than one unit to be more balanced.Nerfing the Rock Golems and giving a sword n shield medium unit to absorb arrows would e a good idea.Also what about Dragons?I am no modeller but  if you take the stegadon model make it smaller in scale play with its skin a bit and give it a mouth attack like Djin mages or mechanical taurus?Or a medium infantry with shield/archer unit  like the seaguard ?
As for the ogres...It may be a brave think to say but....gnoblar shamans? with a chanting ability to make ogres more stable during long fights?And an more updated version on some kinds of horses? Or Ogre Butches (just change an ogre skin) with the same ability?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:26:29 PM by slayergr »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2013, 05:23:46 PM »
The Dwarfs do have that to some extent; their gunpowder & siege units are from separate buildings to their infantry. I'll take a look at it; the Dwarf lore tends to emphasise as well as the difference between old and new weapons the way in which different aspects of Dwarf armies can work together, so I don't want to make the split too deep (I'm a Dwarf WHFB player myself so the Dwarfs tend to be pretty on-message as far as fluff goes :P ).

The Golems never struck me as overpowered really, as their attack is pretty weak, though I might drop their HP by one. Believe me that I'd completely definitely make a dragon if I could but I simply can't find a good way to do one. A medium inf unit looks very much on the cards though; I'll keep you all updated.

slayergr

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2013, 05:31:44 PM »
Not overpowered but unkillable....Yeah 1or 2 hitpoints decrese would be great.And yes a medium inf unit could be great to assist the farala guard....but if it had some amgical ability like chanting or fear? or in addition giving them an mage unit?(especialy if it coulb be reptilian)
ps.If you could take a look in my ogre idea that i edited in my last post XD

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2013, 05:39:59 PM »
Ooh, Butchers. That I had not thought of, good shout, I'll look into it.

The Zoats already have magical chants; I might look at a ranged DI mage unit though (If I do the air elemental that will probably have a ranged attack).

slayergr

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »
Happy to help;) Also having played most of the units I observed that the slingers and the headthrowers models from the vanila are not used ....some orc or ogre headthrowers would be cool or some slingers with fire ?

To sum up from my experience from the mod The DI need a unit to soak up or counter missile fire early game and the Ogres something to help them in long fights because anything except maneaters tend to rout if they dont break the enemy quickly.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:00:28 PM by slayergr »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »
The DI should be fairly good AT early game shooting, so I tend to counter shooting with spread formation skirmishers shooting back. As I say, a medium large-shield inf unit is on the cards though there. And I will look very seriously at putting an Ogre butcher in.

The Nurgle daemons lob semi-ethereal severed heads, just to go for extra squick.  ;D

slayergr

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2013, 11:23:30 AM »
Surely that would both add to those Factions....but I think that they have too small a list...they could have one more unit like the elemental if you manage to make it .
ps.Thumbs up for the deamons ;)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2013, 02:25:22 PM »
Four new units added:

Gnoblar Trappers (Ogre Kingdoms)
Ogre Butchers (Ogre Kingdoms)
Longshield Infantry (Dragon Islands)
Air Elemental (Dragon Islands)

:)

slayergr

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2013, 05:19:59 PM »
You managed to get and the element !Nice. One step closer to the release