Author Topic: The Christmas Cracker Thread  (Read 6454 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Christmas Cracker Thread
« on: December 25, 2014, 10:37:46 AM »
For sharing with us what presents, jokes, odd facts, coloured hats awaited you. :)

I actually wrote the little sheet with the joke and stuff on it for my family this year, so hope those go down OK (we used a cracker making kit). I can upload them if anyone wants to see just how bad my cracker jokes are...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Christmas Cracker Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 01:14:03 PM »
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

comrade_general

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 01:22:36 PM »
just how bad my cracker jokes are...
Racist! This is outrageous!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 01:45:28 PM »
SW: :D

CG: My dear Cowman, as much as I love you to bits, I'm vaguely trying to enjoy Christmas despite struggling with quite a bit of pain today and I would *really* appreciate it if you let up on the trolling. Please?  :(
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 02:42:05 PM »
Okay, let me start first:

My Christmas tree: (stuffed in a limited space  :P )
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And the present which I wrapped for my girlfriend:

The presents for my family were just placed in decorative bags. I didn't remember to take a photo of those...
I think I wrapped that present pretty well. ;D
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

comrade_general

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 02:42:43 PM »
I got a kindle fire. :)

What's inside that box Wolfie?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 02:53:45 PM by comrade_general »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 03:26:14 PM »
A Christmas mug, 2 Kinder buenos (black and white chocolate), brown bear hoodie (complete with ears and a round tail), a box of chocolates, six big jelly insects (she loves insects), a small red diary (imitation of leather), a plush withe tiger and a bag of jelly sweets.
And quite possibly a drawing of Doctor and Amy if I manage to finish it in time...  ;D

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 03:55:14 PM »
SW: N'awwwh :)

I have been totally spoiled this year. SotK got me a freestanding electric mixer, a cafetière, some Sherlock books (Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz and Mrs. Hudson's Diaries), some Portal cookie cutters, some boxes from Lush, a Tolkien Dictionary that is beautifully bound, a bobble head Loki, some tea and coffee, lots of sweets and chocolates, a Targaryen House notebook, socks, pyjamas, Trivial Pursuit (which is my favourite party game ever). I'm sure I've missed things.
Seriously, he's been so so kind.
SotK appreciation post. :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 03:57:42 PM »
My cracker jokes went down well. I did everyone a joke, an animal fact, and a quote :)

Thoughts? I'm not great at joke writing, but I seem to be at least on par with actual cracker joke writers :P

Presents! Only done the family ones so far, some still to go - my main ones were a coffee table (from parents) which is basically carved to look like a pile of books, and my sister got me an autoharp (another one for the weird instrument collection, it's beautiful). And two books from my Grandpa. Much yays :) Will update further when stockings have happened.

My presents for family went down well I think - a book for my Grandpa, a book and socks for my Pa, a picture in a frame for Ma, and a new cake tin and a glass food serving plate for my sister.

Tea - which of the Tolkien dictionaries is it?

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »
Jubal: I think they're good :) especially the Noel one :P

Those presents sound awesome! When we have a proper house, not an apartment, I think a coffee table carved to look like books would be an excellent piece of furniture for a study :D

Awh, I hope our presents went down well (I think they did) :)

It's called A Tolkien Dictionary by David Day :)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 05:21:35 PM »
I have been totally spoiled this year. SotK got me a freestanding electric mixer, a cafetière, some Sherlock books (Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz and Mrs. Hudson's Diaries), some Portal cookie cutters, some boxes from Lush, a Tolkien Dictionary that is beautifully bound, a bobble head Loki, some tea and coffee, lots of sweets and chocolates, a Targaryen House notebook, socks, pyjamas, Trivial Pursuit (which is my favourite party game ever). I'm sure I've missed things.
Seriously, he's been so so kind.
SotK appreciation post. :P

Now that's a lot of cool presents.  ;D
SotK is a good man. Keep him. Two words: Stockholm syndrome (that's what my girlfriend always says to me).  :P

Presents! Only done the family ones so far, some still to go - my main ones were a coffee table (from parents) which is basically carved to look like a pile of books, and my sister got me an autoharp (another one for the weird instrument collection, it's beautiful). And two books from my Grandpa. Much yays :)

A pile of books look alike table?!  :o
So awesome... ;D

Oh and the first cracker quote/animal fact/joke card is my favorite.  :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 10:45:46 AM »
I'll have to take pictures of the table & harp :) I also got (in my stocking) some frames for pictures I own, another Byzantine source (Michael Psellus), a couple clothing items and a gorgeous fuzzly toy anteater (and yes, I'm nearly 21 and still get excited about fluffy cuddly toys - I make no apologies!)

Today were off to see my aunt & uncle (my only ones - my Ma has one sister and my Dad is an only child). :)

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 12:17:20 PM »
SW: I fully intend to keep him :P we both fold our chocolate penny wrappers in the same way and sort out smarties by colour on top of everything else :P

Jubal: Definitely want pictures! Also, soft toys are for any age - we have a big cuddly Eeyore and a Pascal from Tangled amonst others :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 11:30:08 PM »
Indeed, fluffy things are best of things :)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 02:43:20 PM »
I got a pretty nice Attila: Total War, metric ton of spending cash, book on funny/interesting historical newspaper articles, book on medicine, choccies, some awesome assorted flavoured patés and beers and a megastack of jaffa cakes :D

I've got an eye for dressing people so I usually give clothes when I can.

Had a pretty awesome christmas with mums side of the family. She's got a brother and a sister with 4 cousins from her brother. Might go down to Cornwall to see my dads side of them over new years but I have 17 (? I think) so it might have to be a week long thing :P

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.