Forum Games - The Beer Cellar! / Re: Word Association
« Last post by Jubal on May 26, 2024, 07:35:54 PM »
town
« Last post by Glaurung on May 26, 2024, 07:01:16 PM »
drain
Exilian Media / New Exilian Media channel video
« Last post by Jubal on May 26, 2024, 05:27:44 PM »
Finally got us a little channel trailer-video recorded. Thoughts welcome :)

« Last post by Jubal on May 26, 2024, 12:12:58 PM »
Ditch
« Last post by Othko97 on May 26, 2024, 11:35:20 AM »
Culvert.
Cepheida / Re: Cepheida Captain's Log
« Last post by Jubal on May 26, 2024, 10:58:04 AM »
Making another push on writing the exploration game rules this weekend: I'm getting close to finishing the first draft of the objectives, which are quite complex and frankly probably horribly unbalanced due to the dual-objectives system. In other words, every player has two things they can try to do, a scenario objective for all players and a faction objective for themselves, and either one can win you the game. By and large, the faction objective is meant to be grindier-harder: the scenario objective is often "do this to stabilise or exit the planet" whereas the faction objective is often much more about establishing your faction on the planet. However, you're less likely to be in direct competition over doing the faction objective so if the players are deadlocked on the main mission they might switch to trying their faction objectives. This also provides more exploration push: there are few objectives where squabbling over the centre of the map is helpful, especially as players are hard to totally shift (the ships especially are pretty rugged). I don't think I've got the system right yet and it needs more testing, but I think it's a good theory for making the game asymmetrical which was always the plan.

I also need to add some more to the item chart, and I've not done the terraforming rules yet. But things are getting towards a complete, albeit minimally tested, setup.
« Last post by Jubal on May 26, 2024, 10:35:25 AM »
Culverin
Discussion and Debate - The Philosopher's Plaza / Re: UK Politics 2024
« Last post by Jubal on May 26, 2024, 10:24:53 AM »
There's definitely room for someone to write a D-Ream parody entitled "Things Can Only Stay Similar" for Starmer's election campaign.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10