Author Topic: Exilian's Sixth Birthday  (Read 3595 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Exilian's Sixth Birthday
« on: March 18, 2014, 12:17:45 AM »
HAPPY EXILIAN DAY!

WE ARE SIX!

It's Exilian's birthday today - and the future is looking weirdly bright.

At the point I posted the first thread on March 18, 2008, I never had any idea what this forum would end up being. It's one of the most fun, friendly, interesting communities I've had the good fortune to be part of on the internet, and today I think should be the day we all thank each other for making that possible. It was once very rightly said that Exilian, unlike so many other site out there, is not just a website, it's every last person who uses it. Together we've made fantastic mods, debated important issues, written stories, built games, and created a vibrant workshop that I never find myself wanting to leave. Creativity is what we are; and that pulls us together in a way that I think standard social media networks that have no focus to them can't ever really do.

I'm hopeful that we'll be able to keep building on what we've got ever time, and we're doing well at that currently. The Rome: Total Realism team is now adding a huge amount to the site, and we're doing better than ever with other sections too - my fellow admin Comrade_General's art is definitely worth a look, as is that of my collaborator on the Guns, Swords, and Steam project, Hannah Milburn. Our game reviews section is improving too and we're looking for more people to help with that. That's just a tiny selection plucked from the top of my head - whether it's debating the formation of the classical phalanx or saying hello to new developers, Exilian's future is looking very bright and if you, dear reader, have a project you'd like to share with us please do post or get in touch.

So thankyou for everything, all of you, and let's hope that next year we're doing just as well as we are now. Also, I have another exciting announcement to make today, but I'm going to leave it for a few more hours whilst this sinks in and then unleash the secret project I've been working on... more on that in a few hours' time!

Here's signing off for another excellent year,

~ Jubal (Megadux & Site Founder)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 04:58:04 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

Re: WE ARE SIX!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 12:44:51 AM »
Happy Birthday! :'D

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: WE ARE SIX!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:58:01 AM »
Happy birthday :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Exilian's Sixth Birthday
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 04:58:17 PM »
Go us!  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 10:28:29 PM »
Go the people who have been here much longer than me :)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 10:53:50 PM »
Happy birthday Exilian! :)

This site has been my home for a very long time.
It's been a long time since I've moved out of my hometown to university. Every time I feel homesick or down on my luck I just visit these pages to cheer up a bit.
Thanks for that guys. :D

And lets hope that we'll be even more active once M&B2 finally hits the scene.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 11:36:14 PM »
Happy birthday Exilian!
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 06:45:50 AM »
It's been a bit over 4 years for me and every step of the way Exilian has been here for me (When I was active at least), so thank you Exilian and happy birthday!
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Mars

• Pope Forum Fixer I
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • The second best priest
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 02:18:44 AM »
Happy Birthday!
ID#2 - May still be alive, but might just be busy or inactive.

Probably has the largest video game library of anyone here.