Author Topic: Crusade..against me!!!!  (Read 7630 times)

Viao

• View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« on: October 02, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »
This is my first time playing a campaign and having a crusade called against me. I am England and i have 83 turns left and i just had a crusade called against my capital! i badly need to know what to do. i already started to fill up my capital with heavy infantry and stuff like that! i have 46 captured castles and towns. I already had 6 factions against me and now i have 8. Im not sure if i should just leave one troop in my captial and let them take it or try to hold out... please help!  :'(

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »
What size is the actual crusading army?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Viao

• View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 07:49:50 PM »
I have only made 2 turns after the crusade was called on me so i havent seen any coming yet.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 02:42:52 AM »
Well I suggest you to pray... And to build a strong naval force, to stop them from reaching your island ...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 11:04:57 AM »
English response to medieval problems.

Step 1. Tell everyone they should be subservient to you in the first place. If they do not kneel at your feet, proceed to step 2.
Step 2. Shoot the problem. If the problem persists, proceed to step 3.
Step 3. Get a welshman to shoot the problem for you. If the problem still persists, proceed to step 4.
Step 4. Build a navy. If your navy fails to solve the problem, try step 5.
Step 5. Pray. If this doesn't save you, you're obviously just not English enough.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 02:26:49 PM »
The AI's crusading armies usually have a bunch of rubbish units in them. So just sit atop your walls and throw crap at them.

Viao

• View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 07:41:03 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions but i have a big problem with the navy idea. see, i moved my capitol about 2 turns before the crusade on a french castle, forgot the name, but its near spain.  i still havent played anymore since the crusade started so thanks for all the suggestions! btw, should i assasinate the pope now, since he called the crusade?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 07:45:00 PM by Viao »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 09:03:33 PM »
Then move it back for heaven's sake! :P

And yeah, knifing popes is the way we roll.

Viao

• View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 09:49:30 PM »
but even if i move it back will the Crusade spot move to that diff castle? or stay at the same one it got called on?

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 08:24:10 AM »
It's going to stay the way it is...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Viao

• View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 08:02:44 PM »
ok. And btw, i was kinda thinking of letting em get it so that it doesnt take up too much time fighting them and so that i dont have soo many enemys against me. also so i have enough turns to get Jeruasilm.Do any of you know how long till the crusade gives up if i fight and dont lose?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:04:00 PM by Viao »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 08:12:47 PM »
Probably until the current pope dies...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 04:46:17 PM »
Which is a good argument for facilitating that death with all appropriate speed...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 11:50:10 PM »
XD That many enemies. I only got 1 faction that isn't enemy with me yet. I'm england as well and I got a crusade against Rome (My own city) and I fought them off and instantly after that the other mean pope (the one after i kill the other 13) called crusade against London and its been 10 turns since and no-one has turned up yet. I'm also almost defeated the Mongols and own half o Russia. The land i own: I own England, Scotland, France, Italy, Spain, Venice and the west half of Russia if there are any factions between those ones that i haven't mentioned, tell me.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crusade..against me!!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 12:38:04 PM »
Is there a Genoese faction? (I don't have M2TW, I might note)