Author Topic: SR Maps and Troop Trees  (Read 5318 times)

Ker Raven

• View Profile
    • Awards
SR Maps and Troop Trees
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:13:36 PM »
1 Please forgive an old duffer if I am missing the obvious, but can anybody point me in the direction of a printable map of the SR world.  
2 Also I have been unable to locate the troop trees for this module.

Incidently, I did not start gaming until I retired a few years ago and Mount and Blade has me totally captivated. I have just  transferred my character to  the SR module which I must say looks excellent so far.
Any help would be appreciated.

Ker Raven

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SR Maps and Troop Trees
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 11:28:07 PM »
Embarassingly, neither thing exists... yet!

If I get a few moments tomorrow night I'll get a map done for you, that's no bother. Troop trees might need to wait 'til the weekend due to the whole A Level homework thing.

Welcome to the site as well, feel free to ask any other questions, poke your nose into any other bits of the site, and so on.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SR Maps and Troop Trees
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 07:31:36 AM »
it might help with the story I'm writing about SR or at least set in that place.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SR Maps and Troop Trees
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 02:45:19 PM »
I could help you with the map...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SR Maps and Troop Trees
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:46:12 PM »
OK, I'm going to have to do a series of maps, since I can't zoom out far enough to get one really good worldmap.

Here's map #1, the central Calradian area;

Spoiler: click to toggle

Not all the city names are legible, sadly, so here are the ones I couldn't read; the 3 Khergit cities are Halmar, Ichamur, and Tulga from S->N order, Lacontia's capital is Lacontia, and the Alanian capital is Sargoth.

I'll try and get similar maps done for the Gorin Empire, the Gorin peninsula, and Lacadonia if this was helpful.

EDIT: Gorin Empire done as well. That'll be all for today.

Spoiler: click to toggle

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:19:01 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SR Maps and Troop Trees
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 06:22:05 AM »
You can use stuff like photo shop and paint.net to put all the screen shots together to make a full map. And take smalled ones so its a bigger map and I can read the names of the towns, castles and villages.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SR Maps and Troop Trees
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 05:06:53 PM »
Both in the map editor and ingame the views suffer distortion aka the camera won't go straight down onto a flat map, so I can't past shots together for a coherent image.