Author Topic: Lord Balian Black-Bear  (Read 2670 times)

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lord Balian Black-Bear
« on: January 20, 2011, 10:23:30 AM »
Hi everyone this is just something small I did.  My attempts at winning the game with just 60 Swadian Knights.  This is with Jimbob's Extended Factions mod, something I've been doing for the past couple of months, and if Jubal approves, will soon have a sub-board here.  

Lord Balian, called the Black-Bear for his distinctive heraldry, was the son of a well-to-do Swadian Baron, Lord Melquart.  Alas Lord Melquart fell in battle with the perfidious Khergits on the morning of the 12th of March 1257.  The Lord's funeral was held in the city of Suno on the 27th.  After the funeral, Lord Balian, inheritor of Lord Melquart's ancestral lands, set out with only his personal guard to bring ruin upon his father's killers.  

After travelling for many days, he finally arrived before the walls of Narra.  Not expecting any aid and with odds of 5-1 against him, Lord Balian prepared himself for a long siege.  Within three days, banners had been spied on the horizon.  

All of Swadia had emptied as Emperor Harlaus himself led a crusade to take Narra.  Upon finding the siege equipment completed, the Emperor immediately led an assault on the walls.  

Lord Balian himself was in the front rank of the charge, eager to shed Khergit blood.  

The Crossbowmen lined up below the battlements, firing at any Khergit foolish enough to show its filthy face.  

Lord Balian was one of the first men up the ladder and immediately set to cleaving Khergits apart with his father's Greatsword.  

Soon the rush of battle seperated Balian from the fray.  Balian sat back, and took pleasure in the scene of death and devastation that took place around him.  

The day was won by the Swadians, but Balian's quest continued.  

This is my first attempt at writing an AAR, so it may not be all that good.  What do you think?

EDIT* That's weird, Imageshack seems to have cropped my pics.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:25:37 AM by phoenixguard09 »
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.