Author Topic: Main Thread  (Read 4892 times)

Daemonwulf

• View Profile
    • Awards
Main Thread
« on: May 01, 2011, 04:01:00 AM »
Hey guys, this is my more recent project that I've been working on for quite a while. It's based on my childhood daydreams and fantasies, though most of the story has changed. But the core of the story, a small country/city-state that conquers bigger kingdoms and becomes an Empire, is still there. Now then...

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Backstory (Warning WALL OF TEXT)</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">    Long ago, a tribe of people fled their homeland and wandered around the world looking for lands to settle in. Years passed, and soon the tribe found themselves in the northern highlands of the continent known as Haelion. The land was infertile, but they settled in the area when they found rich mines of tin. However, the chieftain had a dream, telling him to go further north to the coast, where he would "find their salvation". Taking his most trusted companions, he arrived at the coasts and arrived at a fishing village, where they met some shipwrecked sailors, desperate to find their way back home. Trading wood to repair the ships in return for the knowledge of seafaring and ship making, the sailors finally went back home. The chieftain then realized that he could set up a kingdom where sailors would come and trade for their rich tin. Before long, the fishing village developed into a trading hub.

Centuries passed. The chieftain's descendant, Marcus Flavius II, forged a great empire that stretched from the eastern coasts of Haelion to the steppes far to the west. A few more centuries, and the capitol was then moved further inland as sea raiders plundered the coasts. The great empire soon began to crumble as corruption, disunity and hatred began to spread. In the end, the empire was destroyed through infighting, and the barbarian invasions that came later only worsened the situation.

A multitude of petty kingdoms began to emerge from the remains of the broken empire. A religion, the worship of the Holy Light, began to merge, and the island of Taeliun became the Holy See, the center of the religion. Under the banner of the new faith, the Grand Duchy of Royeaux emerged, uniting them as it conquered its neighbours one by one. The Northmen, as they were called, sailed from the frozen wastelands further north of the continent and settled in the southern portion of Haelion and began taking land for its own, forming the Kingdom of Skanesheim. The Grand Duchy and the Kingdom began fighting an everlasting war. Meanwhile, a remnant of the Empire still remained, and called themselves Basileia Ourheion. They waged war with the Holy See after a dispute over the faith.

The Grand Duchy of Royeaux soon set its sights on the northern highlands of the D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:44:50 AM by Daemonwulf »

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Main Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 03:24:31 PM »
Good to see this over here mate.  Remember to keep us updated with your progrees alright? :)
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Daemonwulf

• View Profile
    • Awards
Main Thread
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 04:14:22 PM »
Sure mate  ;)

I haven't told this on the main forums, but the alpha release is around the corner, as it's quite ready.  :ninja:

I might postpone/release only at beta instead, as there is still work to be done, such as placing the parties (tedious), and setting up the families for Dal Arann. It's all messed up.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Main Thread
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 04:46:21 AM »
Yeah fixing up positions of villages is boring as all hell.  Without two computers, it really is a massive pain in the ass.  

I wish you good luck with setting up the families.  I can honestly say that I took the easy way out with setting up the families for Extended Factions, and just assigning the Ancestor Seed along with having the exact same amount of Lords and Ladies as the other factions saves a lot of work.  

How are you going with names for the new places?  Because that's another thing that I'm still working on.  I don't have quite enough yet. :(
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Daemonwulf

• View Profile
    • Awards
Main Thread
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 05:26:46 AM »
Quote from: "phoenixguard09"
Yeah fixing up positions of villages is boring as all hell.  Without two computers, it really is a massive pain in the ass.  

I wish you good luck with setting up the families.  I can honestly say that I took the easy way out with setting up the families for Extended Factions, and just assigning the Ancestor Seed along with having the exact same amount of Lords and Ladies as the other factions saves a lot of work.  

How are you going with names for the new places?  Because that's another thing that I'm still working on.  I don't have quite enough yet. :(
That won't work with mine, because I put half the number of lords and ladies. I want the player to start weak so that there's much more of a challenge.

I just put random words on a Scottish Gaelic Translator. For example, I put one of the villages with the name Water (at least in Gaelic) because it was a fishing village and another called Stupid, just for the lulz.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Main Thread
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 10:09:33 AM »
Fair enough.  It just gets tedious after a while.  Naming the new villages, castles and towns does that after 9 new factions. :(
(\__/)

FinnishKnight

Re: Main Thread
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 12:49:38 PM »
Is this mod dead too?