Author Topic: Roma Vice Total War  (Read 3988 times)

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
Roma Vice Total War
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:25:30 AM »
Hi all. I am Jmilan77, mod-leader for Roma Vice Total War. I was told by a member in TWC to post my mod hear so hear goes.

We are currently working on 0.88 version which should be out in a few weeks. This next version shall be a major overhaul of each factions with historical accuracy. For example Egypt are now Phtolemaic empire.
All the units have been remodelled and textured for better accuracy. We have also added many new units to each faction with correct names. Also, we have completely removed the colour coding from each faction which helps accuracy for battles and we have made all battle longer to create a more realistic battle and more time to pull of minovears. All comlpete new animations so for greeks fight in correct stance with spears above their shields and animations for all other factions have been reworked and are still being done so. We also have a brand new map that stretched from the north tip of scottland to far enough east to correctly fit in the parthians now. Brand new tree models, grass and terrain by tone.
And there are many more things that we can tell you about but its best if we let you play this for yourself.

This mod has been worked on for over a year now and is now getting rather complete and realistic now when 0.88 comes out.

We shall give you the link for 0.87 but be warned when 0.88 comes out, this will be blown out of the water compaired. we have also strived to provide this mod for windows users and also mac users so we have seperate downloads for each. Link is here:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=429570  

Carthage Preview

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

More preview's coming
Hope you all enjoy this and please leave comments and constructive critisim.
Jmilan77
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 04:21:23 PM by jmilan77 »
Roma Vici Total War Mod Leader
Current release 0.88

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Roma Vice Total War
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »
I'll take a closer look later - welcome to Exilian, though.  :)

Any screenshots?

Also, would you like subforum space here to post more about your mod? If so please PM me.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 04:23:57 PM »
Great to finally see you here! There is some great improvement though, I can already see a few more units from the last thread you've posted. It looks great! And it also seems you've corrected the shields, it's so great to know that you guys are advancing so fast.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »
Thank you for your comment, this is just a glimpse of the upcoming mod. Were making huge progress every day. Were proud to say that 95% of the carthaginians final release rooster is done,
100% of Romani
and about 80% of greeks
100% done of armenia and parthia

Currently working on finishing the greek civ.
getting quite a head way on with the barbarians as well which is good.
The team are also finishing some brand new animations and working on some brand new ones but i cant say much about this.
Good news also putting final touches to an installer to help with problems.

Armenia preview coming soon

We have also finally decided on the factions that will come with the 0.89 release
Roma Vici Total War Mod Leader
Current release 0.88