Author Topic: Amusing Stories  (Read 3763 times)

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Amusing Stories
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:18:24 PM »
titles quite obvious

ill start it off with this one from the US

Fire authorities in California found a corpse in a burned out section of forest while assessing the damage done by a forest fire. The deceased male was dressed in a full wet suit, complete with scuba tanks on his back, flippers, and facemask. A post-mortem revealed that the person died not from burns, but from massive internal injuries.

Dental records provided a positive identification. Investigators then set about to determine how a fully clad diver ended up in the middle of a forest fire. It was revealed that on the day of the fire, the person went for a diving trip off the coast some 20 miles from the forest. The fire-fighters, seeking to control the fire as quickly as possible, called in a fleet of helicopters with very large dip buckets. Water was dipped from the ocean and then flown to the forest fire and emptied.

You guessed it. One minute our diver was making like Flipper in the Pacific, the next he was doing the breaststroke in a fire dip bucket 300 feet in the air. Apparently he extinguished exactly 5'10" of the fire. Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

True Story
Tis but a scratch...

CN2

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • *..Vacui Paraiso..*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Amusing Stories
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:23:43 PM »
Shamefully ripped off but funny all the same

NESS CITY, Kan. - Deputies said a woman in western Kansas sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years, and they're investigating whether she was mistreated.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said a man called his office last month to report that something was wrong with his girlfriend.

Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman
CN2's song of the week - Heavy glow - Hot mess

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Amusing Stories
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:28:02 PM »
lol that is weird

check this one out (by the way it isnt me in the story)

'True story, I was happy. My girlfriend and I had been dating for over a year, and so we decided to get married. My parents helped us in every way, my friends encouraged me, and my girlfriend? She was a dream! There was only one thing bothering me, very much indeed, and that one thing was her younger sister.

My prospective sister-in-law was twenty years of age, wore tight mini skirts and low cut blouses. She would regularly bend down when near me and I got many a pleasant view of her underwear. It had to be deliberate. She never did it when she was near anyone else.

One day little sister called and asked me to come over to check the wedding invitations. She was alone when I arrived. She whispered to me that soon I was to be married, and she had feelings and desires for me that she couldn't overcome and didn't really want to overcome. She told me that she wanted to make love to me just once before I got married and committed my life to her sister. I was in total shock and couldn't say a word. She said, "I'm going upstairs to my bedroom, and if you want to go ahead with it just come up and get me." I was stunned. I was frozen in shock as I watched her go up the stairs. When she reached the top she pulled down her panties and threw them down the stairs at me.

I stood there for a moment, then turned and went straight to the front door. I opened the door and stepped out of the house. I walked straight towards my car. My future father-in-law was standing outside. With tears in his eyes he hugged me and said, "We are very happy that you have passed our little test. We couldn't ask for a better man for our daughter. Welcome to the family.

"The moral of this story is:"

"Always keep your condoms in your car."'

Tis but a scratch...

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Amusing Stories
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:43:28 PM »
shamelessly ripped from Darwin awards 'Falling in Love'

(20 June 2007, South Carolina) A passing cabbie found a 21 year-old couple naked and injured in the road an hour before sunrise. The two people died at the nearest hospital without regaining consciousness. Authorities were at a loss to explain what had happened. There were no witnesses, no trace of clothing, and no wrecked cars or motorcycles.

Investigators eventually found a clue high on the roof of a nearby building: two sets of neatly folded clothes. Safe sex takes on a whole new meaning when you are perched on the edge of a pyramid-shaped metal roof. "It appears as if [they] accidentally fell off the roof," Sgt. Florence McCants said.

This is a true Darwin Award trifecta: TWO people die, WHILE in the act of procreation, due to an ASTONISHINGLY poor decision. Bottom line: If you put yourself in a precarious "position" at the edge of a pointy roof, you may well find yourself Falling in Love at the same time.

Ironically, one of the deceased was named "Tumbleston."

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Amusing Stories
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 01:58:12 AM »
...weird stories, ive heard the one with the little sister before, lol.

comrade_general

Amusing Stories
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 05:18:05 PM »
pretty much all urban legends, i know the first one is for sure  :P

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Amusing Stories
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 07:58:45 PM »
this one i think is brilliant but it isnt really a story but what the heck

When you occasionally have a really bad day, and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know.

I was sitting at my desk when I remembered a phone call I'd forgotten to make. I found the number and dialled it. A man answered, saying "Hello." I politely said, "This is Chris. Could I please speak with Robin Carter?"

Suddenly the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude, so I tracked down Robin's correct number and called her. I had transposed the last two digits of her phone number. After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again. When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled "You're an asshole!" and hung up.

I wrote his number down with the word 'asshole' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell "You're an asshole!" It always cheered me up.

When Caller ID came to our area, I thought my therapeutic 'asshole' calling would have to stop. So, I called his number and said, "Hi, this is John Smith from the telephone company. I'm calling to see if you're familiar with our Caller ID program?"
He yelled "NO!" and slammed down the phone. I quickly called him back and said, "That's because you're an asshole!"

One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot. Some guy in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I'd been waiting for that spot. The idiot ignored me.

I noticed a "For Sale" sign in his car window, so I wrote down his number. A couple of days later, right after calling the first asshole (I had his number on speed dial) I thought that I'd better call the BMW asshole, too.

I said, "Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?"

"Yes, it is."
Tis but a scratch...

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Amusing Stories
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 02:21:35 AM »
Holy armadillo, this guy's a monster XD

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Amusing Stories
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 12:04:45 PM »
haha

and to comrade general my one is most likely not an urban myt as Darwin awards use local police reports, new stories etc. to confirm thier validity

again from Darwin Awards 'Weight Lift'

24-year-old Jessica was working out in the Provincia Hotel's gym when she realised she needed something from the floor below. Instead of picking up the phone, using the intercom, or just walking downstairs, she decided that the open shaft of the industrial lift was the communications device for her.

So Jessica stuck her head into the empty shaft to shout to the people downstairs. And somehow, she missed noticing that the elevator was coming up towards her. If the elevator had been going down, one could say that she was in no position to observe the approaching lift. But, leaving aside the stupidity of sticking your head into an elevator shaft, if she was looking down, how could she miss the mass of metal inexorably headed her way?

Since an elevator cage and a skull are both solid objects, one had to give. Let's just say, the elevator won. Jessica will be missed by her family, but not by the gene pool.

comrade_general

Amusing Stories
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »
twas nothing personal stormy  :)                                                      

Read This