Author Topic: Official Exilian RTW Swap  (Read 20959 times)

CN2

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • *..Vacui Paraiso..*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Official Exilian RTW Swap
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 08:28:36 PM »
Yaay! a new player!

Welcome to Exilian Stormer.
CN2's song of the week - Heavy glow - Hot mess

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 06:45:31 PM »
Quote from: "stormer"
1st post and I will join
Name: Stormer
E-mail: malekf1994@hotmail.com
ok added to the list. Thanks for joining stormer:)

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 10:24:12 PM »
Completed my stint, all going well, building up a few armies to deal with a few bands of rebels, and then at about turn 9 or 10 something happened.....
Romans
..........(waring long battle report ahead :P)
lots of Romans
1591 to be precise
I had about 3 lots of 400 men and large 600 man army, but they where all ill-disciplined rabble
So I kicked unit production into overdrive and eventually got myself two armies of around 1000 men each and marched them to the settlement the Romans had so effortlessly took from its 200 man guard
The Romans launched about 800 men at one army, which I won but lost half my number in the process (I <3 cavalry charges)
I then proceeded to retaliate and hit the settlement with the recently bloodied 627 man army while the second force (precise number 909 men) came within striking distance.
the Roman turn saw them launch 200 men at my besieging army, but unwilling to risk the men to the reinforcements that remained in the town I retreated, and the 200 men followed but did not attack again.
On my turn I made a mistake, I attacked the small force, forcing them back to the settlement, cursing  I brought both my armies upon the settlement and started to build siege equipment.
The next turn I assaulted, taking command of the larger force and leaving the others for the AI to manage.
My assault went quite well, despite the reinforcements slowly marching towards my rear I pressed through the gate, and after a brief and bloody struggle the Romans broke, running towards the town center.
The AI however didn't do so well, they deployed their general too far back and so the crucial moments in pushing through the gate failed and an incredible portion of their army broke, leaving me with around 700 barbarians with which too fight nearly 500 well trained heavily armoured Roman troops
To solve my predicament I did all a barbarian can in that situation, throw caution to the wind and hope a thundering charge would show my enemies what's what.
I crashed my men into the Romans who had come towards me and broke them in an instant, but I could not celebrate as the Romans just ran to the town centre and stood preparing to fight.
So I gave it to them, I swung my hammer of an army towards the block of Roman resistance, and slowly ground out a victory, bringing the centre under Spanish hands.
The another painful blow came as the Romans who had broke my ally turned from the bloody corpses they had been trampling and returned to fight me.
My men fought valiantly but one by one they broke, fleeing the field of honour, despite this I finally finished off the last Roman and settled down again on the town centre with nothing more that a few rather tired infantry, two heavily damaged cavalry units and my two generals bodyguard.
Then disaster struck yet again, the small Roman backup was nearing the gates, but luckily they where broken up by speed differences so I charged my men, hoping to finish them off one by one.
While I held off the Romans my luck began to fail as my units broke, leaving just my generals with 15 men between them and a large amount of Romans bearing down fast.
Then, out of the blue, a horn sounded and two units of cavalry came rushing to my aid, the general who refused to fight at the front had survived, along with a small contingent of round shield cavalry, their timing could not be more perfect as one of my generals broke and the other looked overwhelmed.
That last charge smashed the remaining Romans bring a close victory to my remaining 7 men.

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 03:15:15 AM »
Nice battle, skillfully won :)                                                       When your done with your turn send the save to me and il forward it to the next guy in line (much like at HG)

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 01:16:41 PM »
have done, all sent

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 01:18:52 PM »
I may as well join this, although I'm pretty naff so don't be surprised if I lose everything...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 06:24:18 PM »
Added you Jubal, and ive sent the pass on to Andalus.

Andalus

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 09:30:33 AM »
And I, believe it or not, have recieved it.
Du bist kein Schmetterling! Du bist nur eine kleine Raupe in Verkleidung!

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 02:32:50 AM »
lol, have fun.

Andalus

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 10:03:30 PM »
Indeed. It is time for me to step in and show you all how it is done. :P                                                      

I was going to give you the full works of an AAR report, as I usually do, but my computer is being incredibly slow, and Photobucket is being a menace, so I won't.

Suffice to say, however, that I have taken Numantia from the Gauls, and a large army is heading towards Narbo.

I also took Palma from the Julii with a large mercenary army, which should probably now be put to good use subduing Massila or somewhere.

There is also a little present coming up from Corduba for you, Stormer. ;)                                                         

They have horns.

Sending the save on now.

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 12:56:13 AM »
Bull Warriors?! Wow, things are really moving along here. ive sent the save onto Stormer.

This is Stormer

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 08:55:06 AM »
I played 15 turns yesterday, got Narbo, got 50k cash besieged Massilia and have control of seas.
BUT TODAY, I woke up to send the save on but I found that the game has been un-installed.
Carry on without me.
Sorry

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 09:14:06 AM »
Andy, send it along.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Andalus

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 01:32:16 PM »
Sent.

toxic-banana

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »
Count me in! Though I would have preferre3d to use the julii - once you unlock legionary co-horts are just too good to pass up on.

name: toxic-banana
Email:
toxic-banana@hotmail.co.uk

Like Jubal, I'm also pretty naff.