Author Topic: Secondary modding feautures  (Read 7367 times)

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
Secondary modding feautures
« on: June 15, 2011, 07:44:11 PM »
Hi all sorry I have been inscribe for a while, I have been quite busy.

We have opened this thread to be for new features we are working on but not as important as other things, such as new animations, loading screens ect.

Today I am pleased to show some of our work from our very skilled animator dark_horse_spirit. This is the new animation for archers so when they pull back on the string it actually goes with the persons hand, very realistic and cool, and something ca really should have included in the initial release. Still being tested and that but here is a small pick from our animator.

It's just a little clip of what were doing. Were trying to bring brand new realistic animations to a lot of aspects. DHS has also been working on some brand new beautiful cavalry animations which we shall show sometime. Also Armenia, Rome, macedon and Seleucid empire previews coming soon :) hope u enjoy

Jmilan77
Roma Vici Total War Mod Leader
Current release 0.88

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Secondary modding feautures
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 10:09:18 PM »
Can we has video?  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 11:15:21 PM »
I doubt animated bowstrings have been featured in any mod for RTW, good job there!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 03:09:18 AM »
I doubt animated bowstrings have been featured in any mod for RTW, good job there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNNNEie1nn4&feature=player_embedded

But yeah, great job you guys, this mod looks pretty cool :) .

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »
Thanksyou for your kind words, the video showed there is from lord of the rings
Which is from welseman I think and he was the one that discovered it was possible so big thanks to him :) apart from that I dot think there is any mods out there that feature this.

Just a little info, bug fixing will be finished 2day and and when packed installer, it should be released at the end of the wk with any luck :) unfortunatly though, features like this and boats arnt included.

These releases have just been to provide a background for the mod. This will be our last minor download. When 0.89 comes out, our main features will be implemented then with our new map, factions and what I originally intended with the mod but wasn't able 2 because of lack of experience and help, but all has changed now.

I will probably make a 0.89 release thread explaining what is going to happen with the mod and what features were planning, also huge progress has been made with ship battles thanks to team member flavius and Hannibalcaeser
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:19:29 AM by jmilan77 »
Current release 0.88

debux

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 02:37:55 AM »
But it's 0.88 that you're going to be uploading soon, right?

BTW, were you guys able to make the bow "dissapear" when using the secondary weapon? Because it doesn't look that bad, when they're fighting with both bow and sword.
(\__/)

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 10:39:01 AM »
Yeah it does look quite cool I thought it's still in testing at the moment though, I will give an update on these things as regally as I can. DHS is working on so many things at the moment for the mod and that's just one of them, he is also the principal guy behind the animations for sea battles, he also is at the moment redoing and improving all our animations like the overhead spear phalanx and that and were also trying to implement 2 handed sarisa pikemen but we have trouble implementing with this one for some reason? If anyone knows anything about this certain anim please tell us as were racking our brains trying to find out why as in the anim program it's all correct. An update on our recruitment we need someone to help make us some loading screens with pictured from the mod and mayb some sigs for our mod as well if anyway wants 2 :)
Current release 0.88

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 10:08:54 AM »
Hi all just an update on the bow animation, the whole animation has been finished now and looking very swish. When the file gets implemented in 0.89 I will make a little video for you to see it in action, for 0.89 just for all of you to know, it will not only be for the change to map and the new factions, 50% of the work shall be on improving graphics, it's going to be very exciting, going way further than what rs did, we are completely redoing animations again for real improved realism, working on brand new settlement layouts, certain for each city so like Athens shall have an acropolis, brand settlement building models and textures, were planning for not one texture to be there from vanilla, I shall show you our new roads soon textured by our building development team, it's a very exciting time for the team at the moment going into all these areas, if any of you have any ideas for graphic side of things for this please tell us :)
Current release 0.88

debux

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 12:03:10 AM »
we are completely redoing animations again for real improved realism

Again?
(\__/)

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 08:29:32 AM »
Yes we want to make minor changes to some models to make full effect of the new ideas were gonna put in to the animations, we plan for not one animation being from vanilla and they are all going to be done very realistically and just plain looking coolness. Were also working on kill and death anims like that from med 2
Current release 0.88

james1976

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »
Sweet!  You guys are giving the game a complete overhaul.  I love it.

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 09:29:57 PM »
Yep shall be sowing video soon :)
Current release 0.88