Author Topic: What have you painted/converted today  (Read 73772 times)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What have you painted/converted today
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2016, 07:26:36 PM »
My Nurgle palanquin:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The angle is a bit weird, but the Nurgling pile is pretty tall (around 3cm, so a bit taller than an inch).
I just need to fill the seams with greenstuff, sculpt a few things here an there and add a few final nurglings.

Ideas and criticism are always welcome. ;)
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2016, 11:43:54 PM »
How are you going to do the back of the seat paint-wise? It looks very un-busy compared to the base level of the model I guess, and unlike the front of the seat you haven't got the actual lord to stand out against it.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: August 03, 2016, 10:06:54 AM »
I've made some wood grain on the that plasticard panel (both in front and in the back), but it's hard to see it in the pictures since they're a bit too bright.

But I could use some ideas...
But I don't want to add too much details either, since simplicity was always a Nurgle-y thing in my opinion.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2016, 09:15:58 PM »
I guess you could use the paint job to make it look more stained/mouldy/licheny?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2016, 12:14:35 PM »
I've actually remembered that I have an unassembled box of chaos knights and that they have this icon:

So I've replaced the icons... This one is much bigger and covers most of the free space on that panel.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2016, 05:58:08 PM »
Just a small update.

I've managed to get 20 Bloodreavers (Khorne marauders) and 5 Blood warriors (Khorne warrriors) for 12 pounds.

A glorious day. ;D

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2016, 07:47:38 PM »
Did you need to donate blood for the blood God to get such a sweet deal?

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2016, 08:37:18 PM »
Not yet.

That's what I'm worried about...
The Gods of Chaos work in mysterious ways.  :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2016, 06:12:28 PM »
I've ordered some new Green Stuff so may have something to post here soon :)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2016, 01:57:45 PM »
Go Jubal! ;D

Do you have any specific project in mind? Or are you going to go and sculpt like you're a block of butter melting on a hot August day? :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: September 04, 2016, 10:28:46 PM »
I don't know - I have an ambition to try sculpting a vehicle for my Sontaran squad, and I'd like to try a couple more 12th century figures from my period of study. We'll see :)

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: September 05, 2016, 08:45:44 AM »
I vote for the 12th century figures, would be cool to what you study in miniature people format.

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: September 05, 2016, 11:30:38 PM »
It's taken several years but at long last I have 30 Shoota Boyz (click for higher resolution images):

Head coverings and accessories are the theme as you've no doubt guessed. Yes that is a pink tiara at the back and there's also a rather obscure reference in there too.

Whilst taking the photos I took the opportunity to snag a few promo images for my products too:

As I really need to get some good photos on the front page of my site soon. The way I have it setup at the moment is a bit of a shambles!

Now I've started on an Ork Nob to lead the unit. Top hat, I'm thinking. Perhaps a waistcoat too.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 11:48:03 PM by Jubal »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: September 05, 2016, 11:57:52 PM »
They look great, good stuff!

Well, I have now been introduced to Charlie Chalk and feel slightly less sure of my sanity than I did a few minutes ago.

(Also, friendly reminder that the youtube tag doesn't need ' or " marks, just put the URL in directly as is :) )

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: September 06, 2016, 11:00:40 AM »
They look great, good stuff!
Cheers! I've made a start on the Nob for them!

Well, I have now been introduced to Charlie Chalk and feel slightly less sure of my sanity than I did a few minutes ago.
I love Charlie Chalk. I still have a VHS tape from when I was a child. This may explain many things...

(Also, friendly reminder that the youtube tag doesn't need ' or " marks, just put the URL in directly as is :) )
I pasted the message from another forum. Each system has to introduce a bit of variety for reasons best known to the gods. Anyway, it was a URL tag  ;D