Author Topic: Learning guitar  (Read 2785 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Learning guitar
« on: July 23, 2011, 07:04:53 PM »
I'm learning guitar, badly! I'll post some ideas and thoughts on how I'm doing thus far in this thread.

Firstly, it annoys me that everyone learns bloody Wonderwall or something equally cliched as their first song. There are other easy songs out there, which I will list as I find some:
Navigator - by the Pogues
This is very simple, the easiest I've found thus far. There's only five pretty easy chords, and you can usually cheat on the Gs by using the bottom four strings only. Changes don't need to be too fast either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t3Qe3X-83A -> Video
http://www.azchords.com/p/pogues-tabs-5469/navigator-tabs-155047.html -> Chords
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Learning guitar
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 08:00:04 PM »
I've started recently, too.

The first song I've learned was "Chasing cars" by Snow Patrol. It's a piece of cake.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

comrade_general

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 08:01:07 PM »
Had one, learned an inkling of classic rock, then sold it.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 10:06:06 PM »
SW, shall we make a separate thread of easy to learn songs? You can deal with the modern stuff, I'll put in the wierd folky stuff I like.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 10:42:59 PM »
No problem, if you wish so. But I don't have much songs  and I wanted to share this one because it's really simple. And the girls like it.  ;)
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."