Author Topic: MURDER ON THE ABYSSINIA: GAME THREAD  (Read 56842 times)

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
Re: MURDER ON THE ABYSSINIA: GAME THREAD
« Reply #240 on: December 24, 2011, 12:18:00 AM »
The logic behind this seems sound. Unvote, Vote CG

comrade_general

« Reply #241 on: December 24, 2011, 01:13:30 AM »
Quote from: Spock
...in this case, do yourself a favor: Put aside logic. Do what feels right.

Double A

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: December 24, 2011, 04:29:05 PM »
NA is the doctor, he protected SotK, and I didn't attack anyone last night because I couldn't get on, and there's only one mafia left or they would've won the game by now. Are you going to roleclaim? Perhaps as the poisoner?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: December 24, 2011, 05:15:35 PM »
Three votes is a lynch.

Comrade_General finally gave up. The crew surrounded him and one man solemnly tied a noose around his neck. The crew. HIS crew. Captain Johnson, sailor and skipper of the vessel, lynched by the very men he had been trying to steer to safety.

Comrade_General, Captain Johnson, Lynchblocker, is dead.

The Final Night (probably) is go!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #244 on: December 24, 2011, 05:47:04 PM »
I didn't give up, those bollocks lynched the captain.  >:(

Fools.

Floam

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2011, 02:36:50 PM »
*is a ladyghost*
*was largely inactive due to a sudden trip to another country*
*has no influence anyway being a ghost*
*ghosts away*

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »
Okay, the night had better end then.

"This was your fault." A whisper in the night, and Sam Derrington took the safety catch off his pistol. "And now you die for it."

The man in the bed in front of him was soon dead, with a bullet in his neck. It had been so easy. But was the ship safe? He staggered out onto the deck, hoping that it was all over.

"I'm afraid that you're not going to be able to go that way." A voice behind him. He spun round.

"It's been a woeful voyage." 'Professor Michael Oria', leaned nonchalantly against a railing. "I've had to put booby traps on many people's rooms, shoot an awful lot of people, and even dispense with some rather useful allies."

"It was you?!?"

"Professor M. Oria. Gods, I would have thought Holmes might have spotted it. Fortunately, it turns out trapping people's doors is a fairly effective way of removing one's enemies. James Moriarty looked, steely-eyed, at his foe. "And you seem to have just shot poor MacKenroy. His inventions did rather more harm than good to your cause, but it's been amusing to watch. Now, there's one last question."

"And what would that be?"

"You have the Ring of Lemnos. Do you want to hand it over?"

"Unsurprisingly not."

Without even a word, Moriarty pulled a single-shot pistol and hit Derrington in the leg. The last murder on the Abyssinia had finally been committed. But it was too late. With a brief chuckle, the young man pulled a small, shining piece of gold out of his pocket - and flung it overboard.

"No! NO!"

Moriarty couldn't quite believe it. All that... and for nothing? He hurriedly replaced his pistol, and returned to his cabin. Eventually, a slight hum rose from below him. The engines! The engines were working!

...at dawn, he walked out onto the deck, where a crewman had taken the body of Sam Derrington away. He sat on a chair that had once been the captain's, and enquired of a crewman what all the noise had been overnight.

"We're not sure, but it seems that that Derrington fellow must have killed his uncle. It's all a nasty business, sir. Any tea?"

Denied of his prize, Professor Moriarty sipped his drink gently and puffed  on his pipe, staring out to sea. It had been a strange business. The Abyssinia, groaning beneath him, slowly but surely began to chug its way towards the shore.

James MacKenroy, Unreliable Inventor (Nightangel), shot.
Samuel Derrington, Vigilante (Double A), killed at endgame.

James Moriarty, Godfather/Room Trapper (Son Of The King), survives but fails to achieve all win conditions.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »
I'll get a round-up of exactly what happened done soonish.

Double A

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2012, 08:20:47 PM »
... why did this game take 3 months?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2012, 08:44:42 PM »
Mostly my fault due to inactivity, work, and the dread horrors of real life. Partly also a matter of fairly slow activity in the day phases too and people being slow to get night actions in. Apologies to anyone who got pissed off at this, I think the setting worked quite well (more balanced than I'd initially predicted) but I've rather sucked as a mod at times.  :-\

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: January 09, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
I think I might try running one soon.
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: January 16, 2012, 03:53:31 AM »
It makes me sad I didn't manage to win despite surviving to the end. Silly jewels :) .