Author Topic: The HILL RPG  (Read 105916 times)

Ladyhawk

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The HILL RPG
« Reply #210 on: January 09, 2012, 01:32:52 PM »
Yes. You may still have the coin.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: January 09, 2012, 01:37:50 PM »
Well, that means NightAngel has 10 coins instead of 11. And what mistake do you mention? You have 4 coins now, which means you can't buy chainmail.

Dripping D hunted in the region, as a victor he can do it. He had the region belonging to him. Like ex: if I attack NightAngel at his occupied region of Exilianopolis and I can use his farms afterwards to procude my crops, if I'm the winner.
Team member of: Europe 1080 / Southern Realms / Britannia 1100 Gold

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2012, 07:40:49 PM »
Hunt in C7, send 2 coins to Dimos

Status: 10/10hp  axe, spear, leather armour 3/3, shield 2/2  4 gold  +1 attack

Ignore this see next post
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:01:18 PM by Dripping D »
Tis but a scratch...

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »
Scratch the last post, ill do this instead

March to C8 and attack Nightangel (with my axe)
Also send the 2 coins to Dimos

Status: 10/10hp  axe, spear, leather armour 3/3, shield 2/2  4 gold  +1 attack

Tis but a scratch...

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: January 09, 2012, 10:29:25 PM »
Buy extra axe and leather armor, 2 coins.

Let's do this boy.
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: January 09, 2012, 11:15:22 PM »
You can't buy an axe, the attack is already launced. First you take the blow then you buy the axe. The players can't buy a weapon when under attack. You buy it either before you are under attack or after it. You was late, pal...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I buy a shield with my money and the money DrippingD sent me.
I also move in and attack NightAngel and Phoenixguard09. I use 3/5 of my axe's power to PG09 (bye, bye looks like you're going to meet your Heathen God Corranos). And 2/5 for Nightangel.

10/10 Hp, Axe, Shield 2/2, Chainmail 4/4, Leather armor 2/3, +1 defence, 0 Gold Florins.

PS: Death Nade, attack the enemies of our realm!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:18:42 PM by Dimos »

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2012, 05:26:31 AM »
Dimos, that's bullsh** not very nice at all. These dynamic turns need to end.

EDIT* I believe in the spirit of Exilian that this should be put to a democratic vote.

Who's for the abolishment of dynamic turns? This would mean that all the turn's actions would take place simultaneously, allowing the buying of equipment after the declaration of attacks and that attacking someone would always have consequences.

Who prefers to keep it as is? This would mean that things would remain as they are, where good men can be killed outright with no consequences.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:31:22 PM by Phoenixguard09 »
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2012, 05:30:29 AM »
He already has an axe. ;)
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Ladyhawk

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2012, 05:55:40 AM »
Phoenix, I must agree. They seem to come out of no where thats all. Its all very unclear.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:00:21 AM by Ladyhawk95 »
(\__/)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2012, 12:07:24 PM »
Remove the poll.

Dynamic turns are better. Non-dynamic had been considered before, but they have the following problem: If 2 or more players declare they farm in the same region, who will be the one to claim the reward at the end of the turn?

Unfortunately it might not be convenient for the conspirators, but dynamic turns are better. Please delete the poll.

PS: If dynamic turns are Bullsh**, then non-dynamic ones are non-sence. Be more polite please.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:20:26 PM by Dimos »

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2012, 12:11:49 PM »
He already has an axe. ;)

He had given it to Phoenixguard09. He has no axe. Once the defenders will declare their attack, the power of each blow will be counted. Thank you.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2012, 12:26:02 PM »
Fair enough with regards to the farming, that can easily be solved with farming granting one coin to each person who cultivates the area. This would represent both players working in concert with each other.

Unfortunately it might not be convenient for the conspirators, but dynamic turns are better.
Unfortunately, it might not be convenient for the treacherous turds who have vicously assaulted people for no reason, but non-dynamic turns are better.

The poll is there to judge the true feelings of the players. As a player yourself, you really should not be the sole dictator of the rule-set.

EDIT* I apologise for my earlier outburst. I am simply displeased with the current rules.

EDIT x2* Once again I find myself editting my post to say something which escaped my mind a second ago. Dimos I acknowledge the effort and dedication you have put into this, and I am not trying to demean your work, I just feel that these rules are currently hedged in favour of the most aggressive/quickest to post.  Non-dynamic turns would prove more fair in the long-run as proper strategies may be formed in the space of a turn as opposed to the current, "Let's go hack apart Phoenix and NightAngel!"  Surely you can see that destroying someone without them being aware of this, let alone able to prevent this is unfair for the victim in question.

Regards,
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:30:40 PM by Phoenixguard09 »
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »
Because we use dynamic turns, I asked DD to attack before NA buys weaponry. That's called strategy, and if I am allowed to say it, it's good strategy for dynamic turns. What will happen in your non-dynamic turns if 5 players are at the same region (as it happens now at C8) ? Please tell us, my friend...

I am a bit frustrated because it sounds like it's more than a game for some of us... I mean I've nothing against you, I am just playing the game. Games have goals, and I wanna reach that goal. I hope I was not misunderstood. My intentions are not against you or NightAngel or Ladyhawk or the Khan. You are just co-players to me. It's just the nature of the game...  :)

EDIT: Besides, if the turns were not dynamic, the defeated/dead player could give away his money after he died to the one e wished. But realism (which is a measure for this game) shows elsewise. Players can have a ''will'' but the victor takes their money. It's more ''de facto'' things. Also there is ''de jure'' in the game when the victor gives money to the heirs and when someone inherits a house at a far away rectangle...  ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:30:12 PM by Dimos »

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2012, 01:32:53 PM »
You asking DD to attack before NA buys weaponry just seems like exploiting a loophole in the game's rules. If 5 players are in the same region if the turns were not dynamic, I would imagine that it would be simple enough to say that all those who are interested in cultivating would gain a single coin. On the other hand a single player cultivating a region would get two coins to simulate the fact that they have access to all the resources of a square. Problem more or less solved.

OOC: Dimos, I have nothing against you, I still count you a good mate man, but in the game no holds are barred. ;) 

I request that the poll be put up once more to allow the other players to have their say in regards to the rules. I feel that it would be more fair all round.

EDIT* In answer to your own edit: As far as that goes, wouldn't eliminating the player be enough without needing to also get their belongings. The reward of defeating a rival in the race for dominion of these lands should be reward enough and the sending of money to an ally would simulate the the last acts of a kingdom who knows their time is up and as a last spiteful gesture to their foes, sends their resources to their ally so that the legacy of their kingdom lives on.

The will type thing could still be in effect, it would just be the player's decision whether or not to stick acknowledge it.

I stand by that the dynamic turns still favour the more aggressive/quicker-posting players and does not allow the time involved for others to organise their defences. There is no downside to rushing across the map and beating people over the head so hard they don't get back up again.

I also think we should look at abolishing the slavery rules. If we go by realism, kings were rarely held captive, mainly because the kings themselves were not the ones fighting. Which is another reason why I pushed for armies before. Bu that's a whole other debate.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:41:30 PM by Phoenixguard09 »
(\__/)

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2012, 01:40:21 PM »
Well, I say this, if you make a HILL-style game yourself, have it as you want. I will have it this way. It suits me better in a matter of realism. I think the answer to this pole will be biased and one-sided. The players who suffer from dynamic rules will vote against. I have never posted first after my ''moderator's role'' post, because I belive it's unfair for me to do that. I always left other to post first and posted many hours after it, just to be fair and strick follower of the rules.

The game can now continue...

- - - - - - - - - -

Please post your attacks so as the Hp loses of both sides will be counted.

PS: If anybody thinks this game is somehow unfair or unjust, I will gladly stop it and start a new one later on. Even in that concept, the turns will be dynamic. Thank you all.