Author Topic: The Credit Crunch  (Read 3001 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Credit Crunch
« on: October 12, 2008, 05:19:44 PM »
This is why Thatcher was a BAD THING. If the banks were all still mutuals none of this would have happened anyway.

[/lefty rant]

In other words, OHNES WE ALL GONNA GO BROKE DOOM IS NIGH FLEE AND RUN!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Credit Crunch
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:27:46 PM »
Thatcher was not a bad thing, she promoted ownership and self worth and she stood up to the Unions, which very few politicians have the backbone to do, the problem we have is that 'New' Labour promoted it too far, causing an outbreak of materialism where very little has value, when that value changes slightly it is still a huge percentage of the value.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Credit Crunch
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »
Thatcher came perilously close to the destruction of the public services. The denationalisation of EVERYTHING was what she stood for, and it was in her era that that banks demutualised, particularly the mortaging ones who have caused the current crisis.

'New' Labour backstabbed the working people of the UK in the end. The sole reason I hope they win the next election is that Cameron is the only credible alternative, and sadly few people have worked out he's a gimp who will impoverish single mothers and reverse the few good things Blair and Brown have accomplished yet.

EDIT 900 POSTS YAY!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Credit Crunch
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 10:19:11 PM »
I lol'd (really I did) when I saw your edit, your post read like

serious serious serious

serious serious insulting serious

RETARD TEAM AWAY