Ryan's Java Stuff!

Started by lordryan756, January 07, 2012, 07:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordryan756

I shall make a promise with myself. I shall actually USE and UPDATE this "Ryan's Game Thread"! So, now that I have that promise, I shall proceed.

"Kingdom Creator" -Canceled 2/9/12- -Removed from "Attachments" of this post to make some room.
Spoiler

A minigame I'm working on in my spare time. Hope you guys like it :P. Still has a long way to go (Hopefully go to V1.0)

Cancelled due to lack of time and organization. Also due to unrecoverable errors in source-code. Apologies.

Random Encounter(Mini-Game)
Spoiler

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?08wi7e96u1ns6az

Just a mini-game I threw together when I had a coders block on "Kingdom Creator".
Finished copy.No Updates.

Random Number Guesser!
Spoiler

A minigame/distraction made in 15 minutes. May not be all that exciting, but I hope you guys enjoy!

Text Editor/Reader
Spoiler

A small program I created in a little bit to learn about IO Streams. May update/screw around with later!
Update 1 - Now with TextBoxes and with JFileChooser (Classic directory-choose thingy)

Note: You have to give the path to the .txt file, since I don't know how to implement the usual/system file-chooser :(
Note 2: Begin with "C://" and not "C:\"
Example: C://users/Ryan/Desktop/file-name.txt

Wow, lot of Notes, eh :P ?

Calculator
Spoiler

Part of my "Mini Program-athon" that will span until the end of this week (3/16/12). Only contains the "Standard/Basic" calculations. Here's a list of features to be added later:
Calculating Perimeter & Area (Of various shapes)
Sine & Cos
Fibonacci Sequence (Maybe? Don't see how useful this could be =/)

The Box -Cancelled due to lack of experience/knowledge and organization-
Spoiler

A minigame thing that I'm building/programming! So far not that much, but I hope it's something to screw around with at least :P . Ideas are ALWAYS appreciated!

Current "Build": Alpha 0.05

Ideas for: Alpha 0.06 -
Fixing some graphics bugs
Think of something new for the "Character" box.
Make a "Zombie Spawner"
Organize & Clean Code!

Controls:
Movement - Arrow Keys
Shoot (Doesn't do much) - Left Click
"Sprint" - Shift
Pause - Escape

Zombie AI/Movement Code for all to see :D
Spoiler

public void FindCharacter() {
      if (xZombie < xChar) {
         xZombie++;
      }
      if (xZombie > xChar) {
         xZombie--;
      }
      if (yZombie < yChar) {
         yZombie++;
      }
      if (yZombie > yChar) {
         yZombie--;
      }
   }
Note: Fixed the graphical error/bug. Turns out I had to move the res folder along with the jar, and not JUST the jar :P

Generic Top-Down Game (GTDG)
Spoiler

Just a very generic and non-fulfilling game! I've joined a small indie group (RazeStudios: http://www.razestudios.net) and they've been able to help me out a LOT. I could hardly get through the world-creation! Thankfully that is out of the way and production can commence!

Current "Version": 0.01
Current Features:
-A neat little frame filled with tiles to look at!

Planned:
-A movable (character)!
-Little else =/

Images!
Spoiler

None yet!

Ideas, suggestions, and constructive criticism is always appreciated :P

"Directory" Thingy:
Program Downloads:
Random Number Guesser - Reply #2
Text Editor/Reader - Reply #2

ANNOUNCEMENT!!! I have a Tumblr! You can watch progress on my game/programs on this link! http://www.tumblr.com/blog/ryanscodingprojects

Important Announcement: All Source-Code is available. If you would like to look at said code, please send a PM along with the E-Mail (If you would like it sent to it) to send it to. The only condition is that I get credit as original creator if it is ever spread or uploaded else-where. Thank you!

debux

Bugger, not allowed to download stuff from sites like Megaupload and stuffs here...
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

lordryan756

Sorry about that Debux, forgot about the option to directly use the forums. Should be fixed =3

Future Note:
Contains "Random Number Guesser" and "Text Editor" programs

"Text Editor/Reader" updated: 3/12/12. Now with Text-Boxes!

Jubal

It's a nice little game, very similar to a downloadable form of Raiders and Traders really.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

lordryan756

Quote from: Jubal on January 09, 2012, 07:05:32 PM
It's a nice little game, very similar to a downloadable form of Raiders and Traders really.  :)
Yah, that was sort of my reference/inspiration. Hope you don't mind :P. Also, work on V0.3 is going nicely. Hopefully I can toss in a few more buildings.

Modify - Updated main post

debux

Well done, nice game! Lots of room to expand, and I hope you have the time and motivation to do so :P I actually was kinda scared about getting attacked myself, so my wall level was pretty high... what is the stone resource for, though?

I'd give suggestions, but they appear to be covered already for the next version. The only thing that I could think of is maybe having different scales of raiding, if you know what I mean... like a raiding possibility that is very close (less travel time) and has weak defenses, but little booty (for when you're just starting), and then another possibility of a big town for raiding, that gives you a lot more booty, but has stronger defenses and is farther away (so you might get yourself raided while your troops are away). Maybe adding a middle-ground town in between wouldn't do bad.

You might also add like something hat lets you choose how many soldiers you send for raiding (it could turn out useful if you're able to implement what I said in the last paragraph)
(\__/)

lordryan756

Yah, I'm only able to update and upload new versions when I come over to the library. I've already add "Taxes", I'm changing the Walls to cost 15 Stone and reduce the Lumber to 5. Gold will stay 20. I'm also planning a total revision of the raid system. Apparently when you attack with a lot of guys, it screws with it. Anyways, no more info. You will have to wait and see :D

lordryan756

I apologize very much for a lack of content. I am currently working on a mini-game to fill in the gap while I work on "Kingdom Creator". Hope you guys can bear with me :P

debux

I can't bear with you.

But I'll attempt to sheep with you.

Spoiler
(\__/)

lordryan756

Nice one, Debux xD. Also, another set-back. My laptop charger is busted, so I can't do anything until I get a new one. I've also got back-ups on my flashdrive, so in-case it doesn't actually fix anything, I'm good :P

lordryan756

Production and updating of Kingdom Creator has been cancelled. Details can be found on 1st Post. Taking ideas for a new game!

Phoenixguard09

That's a real pity mate cause it definitely had a lot of potential. I may get in touch with some ideas soon but I'm a busy and feeling just a little off colour at the moment so it might be a while in coming.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Son of the King

Add a function to calculate factorials (x! = x * (x-1) * (x-2) * ... * 1, 0! = 1). A nice easy way to learn about recursion.

lordryan756

Added some other programs! Hope you like them :D

Son of the King

Quotesince I don't know how to implement the usual/system file-chooser

Use a javax.swing JFileChooser :)